Product Family Controller (m/f)
At Bombardier Transportation, 36,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience.
For our Product Line Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) located in Vienna we are looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Product Family Controller (m/f).
This position will define and maintain the product costing for the different product families. You will more particularly understand the actual costing of the running contracts within the product family, define and maintain the target costing of the product family and understand the competitive positioning (benchmarking) towards competition on the market.
- Provide benchmarking data for comparison to other products, should cost and target costing for subsystems, components, assembly and LCC (maintenance, operation). Benchmark will be done internally between families (up to building block level) and externally with competitors' products, based on market information available, contracts awarded;
- Validate cost estimates with project actual data and maintain cost database;
- Identify the cost drivers within the C-Bom & non-recurring costs;
- Propose and follow up cost improvement initiatives, including make or buy decisions, material, production and part acquisition costs;
- Track the cost of train analysis for the projects in the family;
- Lead the collection of the cost information to be analysed, evaluated and then reported accordingly to Top Management;
- Establish and implement the process of the planning, estimating, budgeting and controlling of the PF costs. This includes the development of detailed life cycle cost models for the product family, (including maintenance, energy, acquisition, disposal;
- Be a key contributor of the PF strategy impacting directly the price of the products;
- Ensure that risk reviews take place for the portfolio and will support the projects in the risk mitigation. Common risks will be identified and managed at PF level;
- Liaise continuously with the project controllers for the projects in the product family, to understand what happens in the projects, understand evolution of cost of trains, risk evolution;
- Track and follow closely the bid and Research and Technology (R&T) activity for the product family and be a key contributor to the target costing and benchmarking of the bids;
- Liaise with Taxation, local Accounting and Reporting (A&R) teams, to understand what external funding is available and can be attracted to finance the product family and product development.
- Finance degree or any other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in a relevant position
- Very good finance understanding including cost control
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
- No specific intense travelling; occasional business trips
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 2.866,92 gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com