Fire Safety Engineer (m/f)
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Fire Safety Engineer (m/f) for our site in Vienna, Austria.
Working within the engineering in a cross function area, you will be responsible for all urban rail vehicles. (trams/subways). You will be responsible for ensuring the compliance by the vehicles with the fire protection requirements at all stages of a project development.
This position will define and maintain the product costing for the different product families. You will more particularly understand the actual costing of the running contracts within the product family, define and maintain the target costing of the product family and understand the competitive positioning (benchmarking) towards competition on the market.
- Definition, coordination and testing for constructive fire protection and choice of materials
- Evaluation of components and materials offered by suppliers regarding fire protection suitability
- Initiation/ monitoring of tests in the fire laboratory and/ or certificates
- Systematics of standards and regulations and active influence
- Fire protection engineering support in the bid phase
- Fire protection reports for current projects
- Classification of vehicles according to their project-related fire hazard
- Project-related list of requirements for the fire behaviour of materials and components as well as selection of appropriate materials - constantly updated by taking new material developments into account
- Supervise constructional fire protection safety requirements in the projects and set up rules for project planning and construction
- Supervise project-specific fire protection requirements for electrical equipment
- Specifications for project-related necessary fire protection control / fire protection systems, monitoring and management systems
- Fire protection consultant
- Close cooperation with the fire laboratories, the approval authorities and the standards committees
- Professional guidance of employees in the design of assemblies regarding fire protection
- 4 - year university education (e.g. in the field of mechanical engineering, vehicle technology or materials technology)
- Basic knowledge of the use of materials typical for rail vehicles, material composites, and especially for interior finishing materials
- Good knowledge of English
- Extensive computer skills, knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge about fire saftey standard EN 45545 helpful (European FIRE SAFTEY STANDARD for rail vehicles). Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and be creativite and work to a high workload capability
As a company, we have set ourselves the goal of increasing the share of women in technical professions.
The minimum salary for this item is EUR 2.704,41 gross / month based on full-time employment (14 times a year). Overpayment depends on relevant professional experience and qualification.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com