Sourcing Leader - Balance of Plant (m/f)
Business: GE Power
Job Number: 3177324
We are looking for a Sourcing Leader - Balance of Plant (m/f). Job #3177324
The BoP Sourcing Leader will drive the global commercial and commodity strategy for "Balance of Plant" (BoP) purchases for Distributed Power. BoP components are supporting components and auxiliary systems of a power plant which are needed to deliver the energy, other than the generating unit itself.
- Define & Execute Global Sourcing Strategies to improve cost, quality, and delivery. Manage a BoP spend of ~$80MM.
- Manage a team of Commodity leaders in the Regions and drive one DP BOP sourcing strategy maximizing cost out initiatives, early supplier involvements and close
collaboration with Sales during ITO phase.
- Deliver on the business Operating Plan for savings, cash, quality, on-time delivery, as well as single and sole source elimination across the supply base.
- Build global comprehensive strategic supplier relationships & negotiation strategies to achieve stated goals
- Drive supplier selection, development, and monitoring and overall supplier management in accordance with the broader DP sourcing strategy and in partnership with stakeholders in other functions
- Conduct benchmarks to maintain a continuous improvement environment that aggressively and pro-actively targets constraints, high cost activities, product cost and lead time, or other areas where advanced sourcing methods and processes need to be evaluated and deployed
- Work closely with technology to develop new product introduction road map and execution plans
- Drive 100% compliance to sourcing policy and procedures, supplier approval, competitive bidding, no PO no Pay, delegation of authority approval
- Strong participation in annual planning activities.
- In doing so, it will be essential that you maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all dealings with internal customers and outside suppliers.
- Minimal requirement Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business Administration or comparable
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen
- Able to work in a global & intercultural environment
- several years of experience in Global Supply Chain Management with emphasis on sourcing and experience as Commodity Leader
- Experience in energy, construction or another project-based industry
- Proven leadership skills, preferably leading & managing cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiation skills, contract development and business law knowledge
- High influencing and social skills as well as cross functional experience, strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter, change agent and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English, German)
- Additional language capabilities in Dutch, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese are an asset
- Requires up to 30% travel to global supply base
- Work Location is Jenbach Austria
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE's reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Locations: Austria; Jenbach