Software/System Architekt (m/w) (84264SB)
Software/System Architect (m/f)
Do you want to design smart autonomous industrial systems with emergent intelligence and collaborative behavior that will change the world of manufacturing, building automation, energy management and mobility? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technologies like machine learning, blockchain and microservices based on Docker / Kubernetes in agile DevOps teams? Can you handle performance, scalability and reliability in architecture and design of complex software-intensive systems consisting of large number of machines, computers, data and/or users?
If so, you might be an ideal candidate for open positions of Junior and/or Senior Software/System Architect (m/f) in our Austrian headquarters of research and development unit Corporate Technology (CT) of Siemens AG in Vienna.
With over 7000 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department (www.siemens.com/innovation/en/about-research-and-development.htm) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
What are my responsibilities?
- System/software architecture and detailed design of highly innovative products, product lines and solutions for Siemens operating companies
- Research in area of software/system architectures and software engineering methodology for highly scalable and resilient software systems and ecosystems with focus on smart autonomous systems
- Prototype development of new design concepts and patterns
- World-wide consulting for Siemens operating companies in the areas of architecture and design of large-scale distributed systems based on coaching, assessment and reviews of architecture and used technologies
- Innovation: leverage of business value of newest IT technologies, estimation of their potential and initiation of implementation projects
- In projects: functional management of up to 10 experts (management of B and C class of projects)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master degree in software/system engineering, software architecture, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering or similar (PhD is a plus)
- 3+ years of professional software architecture experience, preferable from one of the following domains: industrial and building automation, power generation and energy management, mobility/transportation
- Expert skills in software engineering methodology und technologies for large-scale distributed systems, e.g., UML/SysML modeling, architecture and design patterns, component technology/OO, microservices, message-oriented middleware, software refactoring
- Programming skills: C/C++, Java, C#, Java Script, Python. At minimum expert in one language and good working knowledge in another.
- Research background and/or experience from government-funded projects (preferable)
- Experience with data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies (preferable)
- Project management experience (project manager or team lead)
- Consulting and coaching capabilities
- Intercultural sensitivity and communication skills in world-wide distributed projects (preferable)
- Analytic und strategic thinking
- Desire to never stop learning and improving
- Initiative, motivation, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
- Fluent in German and English
What else do I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 44.800,-- on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward for your online application!
Job ID: 84264
Art der Anstellung: FULLTIME