Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; and bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry.
Senior Suspension Engineer - „Fahrwerksingenieur" (m/f)
Location: Austria, Judenburg
Organization: Hendrickson Commercial Vehicles Systems Europe, Engineering Department
Typ of position: permanent
Hiring date: Spring 2019
We are a team that strives for continuous improvement in customer value creation, and we are looking for the best talents to contribute to it. For Engineering department in Europe (located in Austria, Judenburg) we are searching for a Senior Suspension Engineer (m/f).
Your new role - challenging and future-oriented
- Create and maintain part, assembly, and general arrangement drawings using Solidworks Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Carry out feasibility studies, installation checks, reviews and calculations for each design, including installation checks at the customer.
- Support of technical interface with our customers on a regular basis.
- Support of resolution of technical issues with suppliers and customers
- Support of Design Reviews, Design for Manufacture / Assembly processes and product risk assessments
- Define part numbers and assembly structures for input into Bills of Materials
- Select, evaluate, and apply proprietary components for assemblies and systems
- Work jointly with Test function in defining, updating and completing Analytical & Physical design validation plans and design of test rigs with inputs from the Test Manager/Chief Engineer
- Support warranty function with evaluation of failures
- Create and complete Product Change Requests and Engineering Change Notes
- Leading and developing a small team
Your qualifications - solid and appropriate
Experience: 8-10 years postgraduate experience preferably within the automotive (truck/trailer) industry
Education: Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering/Technical fields would be a benefit
- Ability to interpret customer needs, define specifications and provide information within set deadlines
- Timely completion of all engineering project documentation to address the requirements of TS16949 quality certification
- A good knowledge of castings, machining, GT&D, fabrications and welding.
- Strong CAD and FEA skills (preferably Solidworks and Ansys) and ability to carry out fundamental structural engineering calculations
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a project management environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and development
- Proven Leadership skills
Language skills: German native speaker preferred and English (both fluent written and oral) on a high professional level.
Willingness to travel within European area and to our US locations for training purpose
According to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement, the gross annual salary is at least EUR 55.000 - We will arrange your classification and your salary based on your professional and personal competence in accordance with the market.
Hendrickson offers flexible working time, continuous professional develop¬ment, numerous team and company events and much more.
Are you interested? Contact us via email
Recruiter: Johannes Sobe
Phone: +43 664 392 67 47
Address: Gussstahlwerkstraße 21, 8750 Judenburg