Market Access & Pricing Manager (m/w)
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
For our office in 1220 Vienna we are currently seeking for the position of Market Access & Pricing Manager (m/w) (open-ended full-time contract).
The Market Access Manager is responsible for obtaining market access for MSD products in Austria. The incumbent is responsible for pricing and reimbursement issues for our office-based products and for facilitating entry of hospital products. Therefore, he is closely liaising with the relevant marketing departments, global functions and Market Access Director. The position holder will also build cross-functional teams in order to facilitate the access process. Very close interaction is crucial with outcomes. Close collaboration with matrix organizations not limited to medical, market access, policy, finance and commercial.
- Support the preparation of reimbursement dossiers for the Austrian sick fund (in cooperation with Market Access Director, Marketing and Medical Department)
- Gain and maintain product listing status (price, reimbursement status)
- Collaboration and coordination with headquarters' and regional market access / global pricing / health outcomes groups
- Assessing hospital needs in order to facilitate access in hospitals according to business needs (in close cooperation with Key Account Managers)
- Develop economic and quality-of-life models for innovative pharmaceutical products to national payers and other stakeholders (Outcome Research)
- Develop risk-sharing programs for new drugs and pro-actively offer these programs to potential payors (pharmacoeconomic studies, HTA) and access decision makers (hospitals & networks)
- Closely liaise with the marketing organization for market access and reimbursement topics
- Identifies key stakeholders in the market and establishes relationship with key influencers and decision makers to facilitate broader and deeper market access
- Identify and foster trust -based working relationships with key national payer stakeholders to facilitate bringing new medicines consistently and efficiently to market
- Develop and support tailored pricing models based on brand and therapeutic area according to business needs
- Stay on-top and ensure timely awareness of any important policy in terms of pricing, reimbursement and healthcare
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the overall Austrian healthcare system and the role of the individual customer, customer segment and stakeholder in the healthcare environment
- Have knowledge about diseases and products, resources available especially related to product responsibilities
- Sound understanding of Austrian regulatory & market access requirements
- Foster contacts with local industry associations (Pharmig, FOPI)
- Master's Degree in life sciences or health economics, (higher degree e.g. PhD is an asset), pharmacology
- Ideally networking and having relationship with government (payer) business, customer facing with multi-layer experiences, tailored commercial activities
- Sound prior experience in pharmaceutical industry (market access, outcome, medical positions)
- Demonstrated ability to understand medical scientific & outcomes data and is capable to transfer this in economic and medical context
- Comprehensive skills in strategic and operational pricing and the related methodologies
- Very good understanding of healthcare environment, market and business context; demonstrated skills in marketing analyses (segmentation, targeting, positioning, competitive analyses, etc.
- Fluent in German and English
MSD offers an attractive salary, outstanding social benefits and an exciting work environment with varied tasks in an international environment. The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 61.300, -- and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck Sharp & Dohme GesmbH, ARES TOWER, Donau-City-Straße 11, A-1220 Wien, www.msd.at