.Net WebAPI Software Developer (m/f)
You will be joining a team responsible for the continuous development of a suite of modern web-based applications focused on a key area of our business.
We work in small teams (4-5 developers), each focusing on a handful of products with a recent code base, using modern frameworks and tools. Our teams are empowered to make design and architectural decisions (in collaboration with other teams).
We are very open to new ideas/approaches to solving problems and tools and frameworks that enhance the end product and that also allow the developers to be more efficient and deliver better quality. While we do our best to deliver what is required in a timely fashion, we focus very much on product quality because we develop products with very long production lives. We try to continuously enhance our architecture to be more scalable and modern and as such we very often create new specialized and decoupled components and services that we can combine to achieve those goals.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to understand and refine the requirements
- Translate those requirements into proposals and then into solid .Net backend code, with a lot of room for creative solutions
- Communication and agreement of APIs (interfaces) with other development teams as applicable
- For the responsibilities above your tasks include:
- High- and low level design, Implementation (including unit testing and developer testing)
- Active participation - we expect you to come up with suggestions / approaches / new strategies, technologies and ideas
- We are specifically looking for colleagues, who show initiative
- We expect you to come up with suggestions and new approaches, have interest and passion for software development and show attention to detail, proactively solve issues
- You enjoy working in a team - you communicate easily and openly and are not afraid to ask if in doubt
- Technical education (completion of a higher technical college as a minimum) or solid relevant experience
- Experience in the development of .Net WebAPI-based services (back end/database)
- Solid expertise in software development of at least 3 years with the following technologies
- .NET 4.0+ (ideally with C#), MS WebAPI and JSON, SQL (ideally on SQL Server 2012 and 2016 - application developer level, not DB developer level),
- Writing unit tests and mocking (with any popular frameworks)
- Communication level command of English, with decent writing skills. German is a nice to have, but not necessary
Nice to have:
- Experience with other .Net frameworks (e.g. log4net, Seriolg, Dapper, etc.),
- Experience with Dependency Injection / Inversion of Control frameworks (e.g. AutoFac/nInject or similar)
- Experience with large scale multi user systems (high concurrency, high load systems)
- Familiar with Actor model, Focus on scalability and performance, Basic IIS administration, Debugging & troubleshooting
- Challenging tasks in a successful and innovative company based in a central location in Vienna
- Opportunities for personal development as part of the company's sustained growth
- A welcoming working environment in a committed and international team of employees from more than 30 countries
- Flexible working hours and numerous benefits such as an in-house canteen, regular employee events, health care benefits, further local employee offers and discounts, etc.
- Extensive training by mentors
- Reimbursement of additional travel costs for an interview and support with any necessary relocation from abroad
- A yearly gross salary of EUR 50.000,- for applicants with at least five years of specific experience and willingness to offer a higher salary depending on your professional experience and qualification
Greentube Internet Entertainment Solutions, the global interactive unit of NOVOMATIC, is a leading developer and supplier of iGaming solutions. Greentube is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NOVOMATIC Group, one of the biggest producers and operators of gaming technologies and one of the largest integrated gaming companies in the world. Greentube's industry leading omni-channel technology allows the convergence of online, mobile and land-based games. The well-diversified product portfolio includes Classic Slots, Table Games, Live Dealer Gaming, AWP Reloaded Slots, Server-Based Gaming, Social Casino Gaming, Bingo and more.
If you are interested in this position we are looking forward to your application including motivation letter and CV.