We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
QA Engineer - Mobile devices
The holder main responsibility of this position will be the creation, maintenance and execution of manual tests on different mobile devices for traveler facing mobile application and the backend .net web server. An additional responsibility is writing automated tests in App center test cloud (former Xamarin test cloud).
Reporting to Development Team Lead the successful candidate will be part of a young and dynamic team and contribute his/her efforts towards the goal of ensuring a high-quality standard and high-test automation coverage. He/she will continuously focus on the quality of the products the team produces as well as the overall functioning of the systems and processes of Global Blue.
- Analyze incoming requirements from QA point of view (eg. completeness, testability)
- Understand the business purpose of the tested applications
- Create, maintain and execute manual (TestRail) and automated tests
- Defect detection/documentation/tracking and retesting (JIRA)
- Create and provide test closure reports and organize handover sessions for operation teams
- Create and maintain your own test data
- Perform test management tasks within the team
- Ensure maintainability of the automation framework with low efforts
- Integrate the automation solution with the test management tool to ease the handling of manual and automated test results
- Build up automated regression test runs to reduce manual efforts for the team
- Review incoming test basis artefacts (eg. user stories, specs, test cases, etc) for readiness, verifiability and other quality criteria, including DoR.
- Perform deployments for testing purposes
- Coordinate with the team, the QA organization, the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Take an active role in improvement endeavors
Experience and Education
- University Degree in IT or technology related field (or an equivalent working experience)
- English language - fluent written and spoken
- 3+ years of experience in testing and/or development
- Solid understanding of review and testing processes in an agile work environment
- Experience with testing mobile applications
- Experience with testing REST interfaces
- ISTQB Certification is a plus
- Programming language / framework / tool knowledge:
- Soap API
- IT administration knowledge related to the following products:
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Internet Information Services
- Apache Tomcat
- Analytical and pragmatic at the same time in defining efficient processes and solutions
- Good listener
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and ingenuous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
As an employee of Global Blue, you will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Influence the product
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Employee suggestion program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
How to apply?
Please send us your up-dated English CV with a short motivation letter highlighting your suitability for the job.
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. The minimum offered salary for this position starts from 45.000 EUR p.a. + 10% bonus, however, the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.
As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 34.182,96.