Senior Software Engineer for Connected Vehicles (f/m)
Kapsch TrafficCom, a company of the Kapsch Group, is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers - from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The globally operating company is headquartered Vienna and has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
In this role you will strengthen the "Connected Vehicles" team in Vienna/Austria. We are looking for a highly motivated and agile senior software engineer in the exciting field of connected vehicle communications and autonomous driving infrastructure systems. Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally leading supplier of hardware and software solutions enabling 5.9Ghz wireless communication for road users and infrastructure operators.
- Design, development, implementation and developer test of communication components and applications for connected vehicles and autonomous driving solutions
- Software engineering in the field of connected vehicle solutions
- Develop professional, well-documented and reusable robust code which is easy to maintain and extend
- Work closely with our product managers and design teams to create and customize applications for various platforms
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development and software architectures
- Excellent skills in C, multi-threaded software environments, Linux platform environment including shell scripting and development tool chains
- Experience working with software versioning tools (svn, git/gitlab)
- Good background and practical experience in design and implementation for protocol stacks are highly beneficial as well as strong knowledge about Linux software modules like daemons and kernel modules
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to assist team members to overcome technical challenges
- Proactive mindset to drive collaboration between teams in an intercultural environment
- Experience in writing testable code, setting up and maintaining build environments (make, CMake)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
Our offer to you
- An exciting full-time position with high responsibility in an emerging market.
- You support our customers in making road transport safer and more efficient by employing latest V2X technologies
- Become integral part of an experienced and truly international team
- Delivering cutting edge technology to our customers on a global scale
- Social benefits and office infrastructure (multiple restaurants, close subway etc.) of a modern company
- Bridge days regulation, flexible working hours, home office options etc.
- A market compliant gross salary - minimum EUR 60.000 p.a. - according to your qualifications and your job experience
- Ongoing professional education and training measures
Do you want to follow this exciting path with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. For any questions about this job, feel free to contact us under: Pia Lutovsky, +43 50 811 1917 oder firstname.lastname@example.org