EXPLORE A WORLD
The people we all rely on to make the world go round - they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of EUR 15.8 billion in 2017.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve.
No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer's side until the job is done - whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a
Business Analyst for Railway Systems (f/m)
- Take responsibility for the solution compliance of the projects
- Act as the primary technical leader of the project teams and as lead technical interface with the Customer (together with the PLM)
- Review Requests for Proposals in order to ensure client retention and secure new projects
- Ensure the solution compliance with Product Policy, M(ake)T(eam)B(uy) strategies and contractual requirements (including safety)
- Check together with the project managers that the solution is consistent with the project budget, technical risks & schedule
- Review together with the project core teams the risks and opportunities and the related mitigation plans throughout the project
- University degree in Railway Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- At least three years of experience in a similar role as technical authority within complex projects
- Experience in requirements engineering, business or system analysis
- Substantial practical experience and applied knowledge with respect to architectural design. Railway domain knowledge a strong advantage (including technical safety and security and also customer knowledge)
- Excellent analytical skills in order to draw business relevant conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication in German and English language
- Requirements Management or Project Management Certification (IREB, IPMA) beneficial
- Use solution oriented approach to interact with clients
- Think sharply in an uncertain, contradictory or paradoxical context
- Unconventional and innovative thinking, able to anticipate and introduce ideas which may lead to strategic advances
- Quickly understand how organisations operate, identify the interactions between stakeholders and power relationships in different cultures, acquire and consolidate knowledge of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, communicative and social skills
- High self-initiative as well as organizational and coordinative competences
- Ability to mobilise others through conviction and persuasion independently of the hierarchical context.
- A challenging role in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport
- Subsidies for public transportation and meals at the canteen on site
- According to the IT collective agreement, the minimum gross annual salary for this position is EUR 45.948,--. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and documents!
Please apply online under Technical-Project-Manager--m-f-_R0039574