EXPLORE A WORLD
The people we all rely on to make the world go round - they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of EUR 15.8 billion in 2017.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve.
No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer's side until the job is done - whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a
Cyber Security Design Engineer (f/m)
The Austrian railways, as well as international customers, rely on our products:
- Operation Management Centres (OMC) which combine a set of fully integrated modules, such as Automatic Train Route Setting, Automated Shunting and Customer Information.
- Electronic Interlockings
- ETCS solutions (level 1 & 2)
- Field elements like warning systems or mobile shunting systems, axle counters, LED signals and CheckPoints
- Technical design authority for cyber security activities for Thales Austria projects, products and systems.
- Main technical contribution for Thales Austria projects, product and system security engineering practices
- Security management
- Specification of security requirements
- Secure by design
- Secure implementation
- Security verification and validation testing
- Management of security related issues
- Security update management
- Security guidelines
- Coordination of technical security engineering activities within Thales Austria according to IEC 62443 series and Thales processes and guidelines
- Technical support for Thales Austria bids and services with respect to cyber security topics
- Security assurance of Thales industrial best practices within Thales Austria
- Conducting or assisting in Thales Austria internal security assessments: project / product / system and process
- Expertise in conducting threat risk assessments for industrial control systems (IEC 62443-3-2)
- Expertise in supporting component / system threat models
- Sound experience in design principles for security
- Familiar with security coding rules
- Sound knowledge in security verification - threat mitigation testing, vulnerability testing and penetration testing
- Experience in analyzing security related issues (e.g. CVEs)
- Knowledge in hardening of legacy system, components and protocols
- High level of German and English
- Technical degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Security certification preferred (e.g. ISC-CISSP)
- A challenging role in a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport
- Subsidies for public transportation and meals at the canteen on site
- According to the IT collective agreement, the minimum gross annual salary for this position is EUR 45.948,--. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and documents!
Please apply online under Cyber-Security-Design-Engineer---f-m-_R0039562