The Max F. Perutz Laboratories are seeking a
Science Communications Manager (Full-time)
Located at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC), a prime location for biomedical research in Europe, we offer a stimulating and challenging environment for research and teaching. The Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL) are currently undergoing a complete rebranding with the aim of finding creative new ways for internal and external interactions. The process, called "Catalyzing Change", started in late 2017 and involves the systemic evolution of the institute in terms of external scientific messages, internal scientific communication / architecture as well as stakeholder interactions.
- Internal and external management of all communication matters and media applications in the context of "Catalyzing Change" in collaboration with the MFPL Head of Communications (Prof. A. Köhler) and an external communication design agency
- Project management, planning and implementation of the new MFPL-identity including website content, digital media and corporate architecture
- Developing high-quality written and visual material, media articles and news, as well as social media updates to communicate the research and social activities of MFPL
- Maintenance and development of MFPL's public relations network including the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna
- Event organization
- Strong project management skills and creativity
- Prior work experience in Science Communications/Journalism with proven ability to perform journalistic writing and related activities such as copy editing and conducting interviews, along with scientific literacy and a passion for both science and communication
- Experience with desktop publishing / graphic design software
- Fluent in English (native speaker or similar level)
- Work experience in an academic environment considered a plus
- Published videos, multimedia material and social media posts on science topics are also a plus.
- You can contribute as an innovator, content creator and problem solver to the success of a scientific community with 500 employees from 40 nations
- The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to EUR 3.700 negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested, please email your relevant documents with an example of a scientific text you have written in English to email@example.com. The call is open until October 12th, 2018.
If available provide clips or URLs of published articles that tell science stories for experts or non-experts. Additional information on MFPL is found at: www.mfpl.ac.at.
MFPL is a joint venture of