Our client is one of the top Animal Health companies in the world, providing a broad product range, with locations in more than 50 countries and marketed products in more than 140 countries. The company has a strong network of manufacturing and R&D facilities. In Krems, near to Vienna/Austria we are looking for:
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Director (f/m)
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Director will have the overall responsibility and oversight for environmental, health, and safety strategies and programs for the Biologics manufacturing site in Krems, near Vienna, Austria. You will be part of a newly formed team that has the opportunity to actively contribute in the start-up phase of a newly established manufacturing site for vaccines.
- Direct EHS programs and influences site leadership to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes.
- Develops strategies to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values.
- Acting with considerable independence, direct professional EHS staff activities to ensure site-wide EHS compliance and drive personal ownership and accountability for all employees.
- Ensure comprehensive change management of all EHS and site initiatives to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Implement the corporate EHS strategy and standards at the site operations level: evaluate numerous competing initiatives, ensure robust process, systems, and resources are in place for all areas of accountability, complete internal audits and self-assessments to monitor program effectiveness.
- Assure completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with country and local EHS requirements.
- Direct staff of EHS professionals to analyze and communicate (site, regional, and corporate levels) performance against expectations; provide feedback, establish and track required actions to improve; lead development and ensure delivery of required EHS training programs.
- Monitor and influence local regulatory climate, negotiate and advocate with EHS agencies and external stakeholders.
- Develop guidance to site operations on impact of new regulations and how to meet new requirements.
- Collaborate with site senior management, Legal and Public Affairs representatives.
- Recruit, lead, and develop staff to achieve these outcomes and metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in an environmental or safety related technical discipline. Master's degree/MBA desirable.
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional work experience in EHS.
- Strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Experience sitting on senior leadership teams to set strategy and make decisions for the site.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with regulatory agencies and senior operations leaders.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience managing direct reports, attracting talent & building a strong team.
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level leaders and shop floor staff.
- Demonstrated good judgment to discern critical issues and events for escalation to senior level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The minimum base salary for this position is EUR 85.000 gross per year and varies according to your qualifications and professional experience. Considering your educational background, your talents and qualifications the company will support your professional development.
Please address your application (Resume in English or German, motivational letter, certificates) to:
globe personal services GmbH
Mag. Monika Kail - Talent Recruitment Life Sciences
DC Tower - Donau City Straße 7 in 1220 Wien
T: +43(0)1 713 02 77 - 87
M: + 43 (0) 676 - 314 92 94