The Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH (EODC) is looking to strengthen its Operations team with an
IT System Engineer
Full-time or part-time. Unlimited contract. Place of employment: Vienna, Austria
EODC specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate a cloud computing infrastructure and a multi?petabyte high?speed storage system, connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-3 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
What you'll be doing
- System administration of the server, storage, and network components.
- Maintenance and support of the IaaS (OpenStack platform) cloud environment.
- Management of HA and tiered storage system (SSD, HDD, Tape)
- Monitoring and documenting of infrastructure components, processes and procedures
- Work within the Operations team and the wider business providing ongoing support of enterprise IT infrastructure.
What we're using
Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), OpenStack, KVM, IBM Spectrum Storage Suite, Docker, TSM, Ansible, xCAT, Incinga, ...
What you'll offer
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Linux based IT infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience in Ethernet network architecture design and implementation.
- Familiarity with Fabric based network topology is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge in the domain of Cloud Computing.
- Very good knowledge and experience in the operations of centralised and clustered services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of High-Availability systems.
- Awareness of security best practice in both virtualised and bare-metal system administration.
- Experience with IBM Spectrum Storage suite preferred.
- Comfortable writing simple shell scripts.
- Completed technical education in computer science.
What we like
- Fresh ideas, insights and solution-oriented response to challenges.
- A passion for technology across the board.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
- Decision-making, committed action.
- Structured and goal-oriented approach in task management.
- Communication skills across varying levels of technical knowledge.
What we'll offer
- Flexible working hours.
- A role in an established, friendly and enthusiastic company.
- Hands-on experience with cutting-edge technology.
- Training opportunities and space for new ideas.
- Attractive collective agreement: „Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: Spezielle Tätigkeiten 1" (ST1)
- A minimum wage of 40.572,- Euro gross salary per year for a full-time position (38,5 hours per week, ST1 - Regelstufe) with overpayment depending on qualification and experience
Please submit your application and any accompanying documents to:
Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring (EODC) GmbH