Our customer is a US-based commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapeutics that could significantly advance the fields of thrombosis and other hematologic diseases. The Company's FDA-approved medicine is Andexxa(R) [coagulation factor Xa (recombinant), inactivated-zhzo], the first and only antidote for patients treated with rivaroxaban and apixaban when reversal of anticoagulation is needed due to life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding.
Be part of this success and start with us in the German market!
For our customer, Portola Pharmaceuticals, we are looking for a
Medical Science Liaison (f/m)
Actual vacant regions:__
- Austria and South-Germany
The Medical Science Liaison will provide clinical and scientific information in response to unsolicited enquiries about Portola marketed and developmental products to physicians, other health care providers, medical centres and staff, health maintenance organizations, and government health agencies with a focus on the countries of deployment. The MSL will also identify and develop relationships with regional and national key opinion leaders in close coordination with the Director Medical Affairs Europe. The Medical Science Liaison will collaborate with other field-based personnel to ensure that Portola maintains a strong clinical and scientific presence in the field.
- Enhance Portola's vison as an advocate of medical advancement by using knowledge of product, disease state and pipeline products to engage healthcare providers in meaningful scientific exchange of information.
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of treatment trends including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Increases Portola's visibility among leaders in the relevant therapeutic fields. Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with national KOLs, and institutions.
- Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at office visits, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge.
- Responds to unsolicited request for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific needs of the audience (appropriate response to unsolicited requests).
Education and Experience
- Local and English language capability
- PhD, PharmD, MD or MS degree
- Product launch experience advantageous
- Profound experience MSL
- Neurology/ Haematology/Critical Care/Anaesthesia/Cardiology experience strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of the local health system and experience in secondary care
- Experience working with physicians and other health care providers in a hospital environment
- Credibility with clinician & health system personnel KOL's
- Understanding of compliance environment and relevant codes of practice
- Excellent conditions: permanent position, attractive salary, in addition we will reward your loyalty with an annual bonus, customer bonuses reward your success.
- Prestigious company car: unlimited private use - not usual, but normal for us.
- Outstanding social benefits: full capital forming benefits, in addition protection through our accident insurance with an above-average level of cover - at work, in your leisure time, around the clock.
- Excellent development opportunities: with Ashfield, with UDG Healthcare, with our customers, locally and globally, very individual!
- Salary: The gross yearly salary provided for this function is about EUR 90.000 based on full-time employment. Any potential overpayment depends on professional experience and qualifications.
We are looking forward to hearing from you
Dr. Franz Bucher
Head of Business Development & Operations
T +43 (1) 890 51 86
M +43 (664) 885 445 50