Legal Counsel (f/m)
Business: GE Power
Job Number: 3165359
The Legal Counsel (f/m) will be involved in a diverse range of legal activities and support the Distributed Power legal team, with a particular focus on Sourcing. The Legal Counsel is also responsible for maintaining commercial and corporate policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through robust partnering with the business. Job #3165359
- Work closely with and provide legal advice to the direct and indirect sourcing teams, including support on the drafting, review and negotiations of sourcing contracts
- Develop, improve and maintain sourcing forms, general terms & conditions and contract templates
- Conduct impactful training to the Business' team in relation to legal, regulatory and compliance matters, including training on terms & conditions to sourcing team on annual basis
- Drive and advocate sourcing policy and procedures, supplier approval, competitive bidding, delegation of authority approval
- Provide ongoing legal advice and support on general commercial matters, corporate housekeeping, HR, data protection, M&A and compliance and regulatory issues as required
- Stay current on regulatory and compliance regulations relevant to Distributed Power
- Assist in dispute resolution and litigation matters
- Perform detailed contract analyses in response to emerging issues
- Support the development and maintenance of a strong culture of compliance
- Degree in Law (preferably from a German or Austrian University); bar admittance a plus or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Fluent English and German; additional language skills, e.g. Spanish, of advantage
- Some transactional experience as well as domestic and international contract drafting and negotiation experience gained in a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience working in or with a technology company
- Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills, contract development and business law knowledge
- Experience in Global Supply Chain Management with emphasis on sourcing, service and manufacturing, is a plus
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Absolute personal integrity, discretion, trustworthiness, and strength of character
- Flexibility, ability to deal with ambiguity and embrace rapid change
- Ability to resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to cope with pressure and multiple deadlines contemporaneously
- Understanding and interest in business and business issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills including legal drafting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Ability and desire to contribute to business direction, strategy & execution
- Highly motivated/results/metrics driven with demonstrated influencing skills
- Proactive self-starter
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position.
For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world's most complex challenges related to water availability and quality.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
Locations: Austria; Jenbach