The outstanding position is based in our European office in Vienna/Austria. Dodax is a fast growing e-commerce company which sells media products, toys, IT equipment and a lot more online. We are offering millions of products to customers all over the world using our own software platform.
This software platform is the engine that powers our whole business. From providing customers with an easy and convenient shopping (and paying) experience up to managing the complex logistics that deliver packages to our customers as reliably as promised - our software platform does it all and even more.
Given our rapid expansion, one of our high priorities (which is both of best interest to us and our customers) is speeding up the execution of processes by enabling local ownership and control. In order to implement this local control and to continuously serve our customers across the world, we are further investing in an operating team based in our office.
This team promotes our expansion and boosts innovative development as well as operational management of features and platform services which support the unique needs of our worldwide business as well as the customer experience.
- Support the entire software life-cycle (concept, design, test, release and maintenance).
- Write unit and UI tests to identify issues.
- Work in an agile team side by side with business specialists, program managers, software engineers and designers.
- Excellent knowledge of database systems (MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, CockroachDB).
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on high performance at scale.
- Proficient in Java 8.
- Java Frameworks: JPA / Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Services: REST/JSON APIs, Swagger
- Testing: JUnit
- Deployment: Git, Maven, Tomcat, Jetty, Jenkins
- Operations: Basic Linux knowledge (Server / Workstation), Docker
- Cloud Services: AWS, GCP
- Operations: Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana
- Previous e-commerce experience.
- Good understanding of Agile / SCRUM framework.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- Experience in the software industry, taking a product through its complete life-cycle.
- Excellent analytical and social skills with the ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
- Maturity, judgement and proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- Independent working environment from Design to Go Live.
- Changing and interesting topics.
- Opportunity to travel abroad.
- Flexible working.
- Part of a young, international, diverse, talented and motivated team.
- For this position the minimum salary is EUR 2,402 gross/month (38.5 h/week), in accordance with the respective collective agreement. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Art der Stelle