Black Belt (m/f)
Business: GE Power
Job Number: 3130583
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol -a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE's reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
We are looking for a Black Belt (m/f), Job #3130583.
- Complete a certification and training program on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application of tools/tactics
- Drive cross-functional Lean Six Sigma projects to deliver improvements in business processes, resulting in better process efficiency, increased product quality, and reduced cost (CoQ)
- Support the Continuous Improvement (CI) Process, driving issue resolution through rigorous RCA completion and using CAPA to ensure long term improvements
- Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma and process improvement tools
- Lead targeted Lean Action WorkOuts to improve business processes and deliver measurable business impact
- Advocate continuous development of the Quality team as change agents across functions, collaborating closely with the functional quality leaders, to drive defect reduction along the value chain
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams
- Applies existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college and /or equivalent experience
- Significant work experience in a manufacturing, technical or field services role
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, e.g. significant experience in Lean Six Sigma, statistics, operations, projects, and/or quality
- LSS Green Belt certified
- Proven track record of delivering successful project / initiative execution
- Demonstrated prior leadership in business initiatives with limited guidance. Ability to think critically and provide structure to solutions for complex problems
- Ability to work effectively with all levels / functions of matrix organizational structure
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities with strong project management skillset
- Self-motivated change agent with strong credibility and proven ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, & advanced Excel functions (pivot tables, etc)
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
Locations: Austria; Jenbach