OMV Upstream / Exploration & Production
Operations Geologist (f/m)
OMV is producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 20 bn and a workforce of around 20,700 employees in 2017, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
- Perform geological and related activities mounting in improvements during planning, execution and close-out of drilling operations for exploration, appraisal and development wells in BO`s. Tasks are conducted cooperating with the BO well delivery team to meet well objectives in a cost-effective way as well as in agreement with the standards & processes
- Prepare key documents (basic well design, well design criteria, geological work program, well prognosis, core acquisition program) in close alignment / cooperation with well owner & project team
- Confirm & decide on proposals from Wellsite Geologist during project execution (casing setting depth, coring point, etc.)
- Monitor performance of service companies (mudlogging & coring) and Q/C final deliverables of service provider
- Orchestrate and minute (morning) meetings and con-calls, review and release daily geological report Q/C mudlogging deliverables
- Compile final well report, document and archive all technical work performed in relevant OMV systems
- Ensure compliance of all Operations/Wellsite Geology activities with the OMV Well Engineering Process and all other relevant OMV standards, processes and guidelines while applying best practices and innovative technologies
- Maintain excellent cooperation & communication with internal & external stakeholders and represent OMV in front third parties (including Mining Authorities)
- University degree in Geosciences or Petroleum Engineering, with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of Operations/Wellsite Geology, Mudlogging Services and Drilling Operations. This includes wellsite experience and familiarization with well planning, execution and close-out activities
- Acquainted to work in a process controlled environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Good organization/communication capabilities
- Full user knowledge of all relevant OMV software packages
- Fluent command of German and English languages
We offer you:
- According to Austrian labor law, the minimum salary related to the Austrian collective labor agreement has to be stated in the advertisement (EUR 63340,-- gross per year, all in)
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.