Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Assistant Academic Affairs (f/m)
Academic Affairs is a core administrative division that deals with the organization of academic life at IST Austria. It promotes excellence in science and in science administration and contributes actively to the collaborative spirit within the Institute. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Supporting our team for faculty recruiting and area evaluations in all organizational and administrative tasks
- Organization of meetings and candidate visits including travel arrangements, visit scheduling with faculty and on-site support
- Being a central point of contact for visitors, guests and board members
- Assisting with the preparation of dossiers, compilation of documents and general database management
- Conducting basic research on relevant topics for academic affairs and supporting the compilation of standard reports
- Several years of work experience in an assistant position and first experience with coordinating events - additional experience in an academic environment is advantageous
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English and a good command of German
- Profound working knowledge of MS Office, interested in learning and adapting to new software
- High level of service orientation and proactive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Structured and solution-oriented approach
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,000 gross/month (for full time), with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at