Pint Pharma's origins date back to 1993, when established as a spin off from the University of Vienna. Initially specialized in the marketing of prostaglandins, which it still sells direct to market under its own brand, the company has significantly expanded and is now marketing a wide range of products to the global market. The company offers an extensive portfolio based on strategic in-licensing and internal development, which includes originator drugs focused in rare disease, niche therapeutic hospital products with focus in oncology, and specialty pharma.
A privately held pharmaceutical company, Pint Pharma is committed to the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of pharmaceutical products throughout Central and South America. Headquartered in Vienna, Austria, Pint Pharma was founded by a team of highly specialized healthcare investors with broad experience in the sector, including investment bankers, senior executives from big pharma, and experienced entrepreneurs within the pharmaceutical / healthcare industries in Latin America. The company has experienced rapid expansion through strategic acquisitions and distribution partnerships in recent years, and today the company benefits from a wide footprint through the region, and has direct commercial operations in Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Ecuador. The remaining geographies are covered through longstanding commercial partnerships with well-established local market leaders.
Pint Pharma's mission is to become the partner of choice in the region for all fast-growing biotech companies, and we see ourselves as the first pan emerging market pharmaceutical company to offer innovative and significantly advanced products to these markets.
As part of its further expansion the company is searching for an Alliance Manager.
Job description and candidate profile.
The candidate shall manage new strategic alliances at a cross-functional level. She/He shall ensure that the partnerships she/he is responsible for proceed to its goals efficiently, effectively, harmoniously and in a timely fashion. She/he shall create synergies from differences between internal (regulatory affairs, business units, country managers, legal, compliance, etc) and external stakeholders (partners, authorities, lawyers ,etc) thus enabling the partnership to deliver on its goals.
- Contract management: Managing contractual obligations, such as milestone payments; advising collaboration participants on how the partnership contract should be implemented; and if necessary, negotiating with the partner regarding the interpretation of the contract in the event of a difference of opinion between the two sides.
- Progress monitoring: Tracking progress, including coordinating the definition and reporting of the KPIs as well.
- Process management: Establishing and ensuring smooth operation of the collaboration ground rules, such as the protocol for formal governance meetings and procedures for decision making, project team meetings, data exchange, and other kinds of interactions.
- Brand management: Managing how the company as a whole is perceived by the partner, and how the partnership is perceived internally by other departments.
- Alignment and relationship building: Leading efforts to increase alignment, mutual understanding, and trust between collaboration participants, including activities such as the kickoff event and periodic collaboration team events.
- Strategic value and risk management: Identifying the important value drivers and key risks, ensuring those involved do not lose focus on strategic aspects, and leading efforts to mitigate risks and accelerate value creation; may also include looking for win-win opportunities to extend the relationship by expanding the existing partnership or creating additional spin-off collaborations. Enabling efficient decision-making and problem-solving.
- Change management: Anticipating upcoming changes in project stages or collaboration participants, managing transitions smoothly, and serving as the partnership's memory, as well as facilitating complex discussions with the partner to map a way forward when unanticipated situations or corporate decisions in either party trigger the need for change.
- The position reports to Head of Business & Corporate Development.
- Close interaction with internal staff (Affiliates in Latam) and executive management
- Interaction with destination markets
- Other relevant authorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Business, Project Management or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of alliance or project management experience, extensive knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry/biotech/life science with a good understanding of the local market and international processes
- Experience and proven success record in the international handling of multi-functional projects
- Experience in dealing and liaising with different stakeholders
- Strong strategic skills and operational excellence
- Strong IT knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Keeps high work standards and ethical standard
- Very well structured, strong organization skills, hands-on mentality
- Attracted to work in a 'change' driven environment
- Strong communicator and team player, who successfully has worked in an international company with cross border and cross functional teams who understands and respects other cultures
- A precise and analytic self-starter with a high energy level and result driven
- Good-humoured, flexible and stress-resistant
- Independent, proactive and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach to work
- Grounded and mature individual with the potential to grow with the organization
The three most important competences/requirements for this position:
- Documented experience in management of international and multidisciplinary projects in the pharmaceutical industry
- Precise, analytical and ethical professional approach with a strong business attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly professional, well balanced and charismatic, independent, flexible, self-driven with entrepreneurial sprit
General Terms and Conditions.
- Expected estimated total salary (gross) p.a.: Starting at EUR 49,000, higher salary to be discussed depending on qualifications and professional experience.
- Development Perspectives: appropriate development opportunities within a group of companies
- Languages: German, very good English, Spanish IS A MUST
- Working Hours: 38.5 hours a week, all inclusive, start date asap
- Location/Flexibility: place of residence in the Vienna area
- Travel Requirements: Position is Vienna office based with approx. 20 % business travel
- Workplace: Office Vienna
- Decision-making Process: the first contact will be the Head of Business & Corporate Development of Pint Pharma GmbH. She will determine the further steps and processes in the decision-making process.
Pint Pharma GmbH
Wipplingerstrasse 34/I/Top 112 - 119 A-1010 Vienna