Product Manager eDrive (m/w)
Standort St. Valentin, Niederösterreich
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
As a Product Manager you are defining a successful and profitable portfolio of products that meet actual and future requirements in close collaboration with key customers. In this key function, you play an important role in driving innovation. Among others you have the following
- Responsible for identifying relevant product and market trends, new market development opportunities, whether newly explored technologies or expansions of existing products into new regions and thereby stimulating M&A activities as required to support the portfolio
- Continuous tracking and review of innovation product properties and functionality against vehicle functional requirements, customer requirements and benchmark products
- Responsible for collecting market and competitor intelligence and ensuring such tools are used to enhance strategic decision making
- Driving innovation by defining future eDrive functionalities and features based on industry trends and Magna's own assessment, promoting new "drivetrain hybrid technologies" combining the advantages of both systems, advertising new solutions to the customer and fostering strategic partnership with the OEM or potential sub-supplier.
- Active acquisition of new projects and strengthening of customer relationship between OEM and Magna Powertrain
Skills and Competences
- More than 12 years of professional experience (minimum of 3 years in a management role) in automotive engineering environment, including: product design, development, and product validation (powertrain products and systems experience preferred)
- Academic Degree in engineering, business, finance or related technical field required
- Extensive background with collaborative global engineering teams and/or foreign assignments strongly preferred
- Proven experience as a consensus builder & leader
- Excellent communication (verbal, spoken, & written), presentation, strong technical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills
- Proven deal making experience in joint ventures and/or other strategic alliances, M&A/due diligence is preferred
This position can be located in any of our Magna Powertrain locations in Austria (Lannach, Traiskirchen, Albersdorf, Ilz and St. Valentin) as well as in Troy (USA).
The gross salary for this position is EUR 70.000,- per annum. However, we offer a salary in conformance with the market conditions in dependence on qualifications and professional experience. If you are interested in this open position, we would be pleased to receive your online application at job.magnapowertrain.com.