"I believe in creative solutions for every technological challenge."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Big Data Architect with Data Science for Group BRCC (m/f)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
- act as a senior role in the Big Data Architecture and Data Science Community of Practice
- close collaborations with business and / BI Production, Group Architecture and Portfolio Management
- are responsible for creating a governance structure and compliance activities as guidelines for architecture decision processes, based on these processes end-responsible for architecture integrity
- collaborate and align with group architects on defining an architecture vision
- work with architects who are involved in the whole solution delivery process
- are responsible for architecture vision for a domain and for creating a method how to achieve the (data and application) target architecture, incl. migration path
- develop group-wide (data and application) target architecture and describe how the information system architecture of the company supports the business architecture
- identify areas of improvements and trigger relevant initiatives
- collaborate with architecture teams in group-wide projects, are responsible for training of less experienced colleagues and for knowledge transfer
- support senior management, management and employee level with their technical and strategical questions
- ensure architecture framework according to industry standards and reporting
- possess specific know how in architecture frameworks e.g.: TOGAF (advanced), UML Modelling (advanced), process modelling (intermediate) and leading international project teams (advanced)
- bring 10+ years of work experience in specific functions and relevant technical know-how
- hold an IT, HTL, FH, College or University degree (e.g. master) and bring relevant work experience
- ideally attended Trainings or have certificates in the respective areas
- possess advanced communication and presentation skills in order to explain domain specific concepts to both novice and experts from different domains
- bring basic Project Management know how
- bring experience in conception and implementation of demanding Big Data projects, ideally in combination with Data Lake and DWH context
- are familiar with Lambda and Kappa Architectures
- bring experience in designing systems in need of real time data exchange
- possess knowhow in ever-growing tool landscape surrounding the Hadoop Ecosystem e.g.
- possess KnowHow of the leading Cloud Technologies and Vendors (AWS, Azure, Snowflake etc.)
- have experience in working with relational tools: RDMS, SQL, ETL and BI
- ideally bring experience in administration of Windows and Linux Servers
- bring good negotiation and expert moderation skills
- smooth communication in English; German is an Advantage
- offer you to take over an important function for a highly motivated team dealing with increasing amount of demand and direct contact to customers within Erste Group
- support your professional and personal development at all times. Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere.
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 45.572,- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- foster a work environment in where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success - we live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: