"I believe in creative solutions for every technological challenge."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Data Scientist (m/f)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
- take over responsibility to deliver data science assignments and tasks in data driven projects / programs in which learning from data and getting added value from data insights has a significant part (Innovation, Big Data, Data Science and AI, Data Analytics projects and similar)
- are able to deliver independently simple and complex tasks and assignments, not only within his specification
- are able to direct and inspire the work of the others according to the state-of-the art methodologies and principles, showing genuine curiosity and thinking about innovative problem solutions
- use know-how to deliver and support in all phases of the full Data Science process, but with different level of expectations and allocation, depending on the concrete project/prototype like business understanding
- have an analytic approach with data requirements and collection, data understanding, modelling and algorithms, evaluation and interpretation, deployment and solution development support and monitoring and tuning support
- hold an university degree (e.g. Bachelor or above) in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Engineering, Business Informatics, Quantitative Economics
- are an expert in Data Analytics and Visualization Tools like Tableau, Knime, Weka, SPSS, SAS, Orange Data Miner (4-6 years)
- have working experience with/in banking business areas (minimum 2 years)
- have advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- possess statistical and mathematical knowledge
- have a good understanding in modelling and algorithms
- are ideally an advanced/expert in scripting or general-purpose language at least (R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Java)
- possess an advanced knowledge in Big Data Ecosystem components
- are familiar with Data Architecture
- have good knowledge in Database language: Advanced know how in SQL any version
- are fluent in English for both written and oral communication
- provide you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, challenging international data science environment.
- offer an autonomous and diversified position in an experienced team with international project experience.
- support your professional and personal development at all times. Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere.
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 47.488,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement
- foster a work environment in where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success - we live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: