"I believe in creative solutions for every technological challenge."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Big Data Engineer (m/f)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
- select and integrate any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- implement ETL process from DWH solutions or other internal and external data sources
- monitor performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- define data retention policies
- prepare offerings and create data environments in collaboration with DEVOPS for analytics, data science and other use cases.
- manage and support customers of the existing BigDataScienceLab in preparing and executing PoC or projects.
- provide training and education for colleagues in the respective area
- close collaborations with business and IT users in the area of BI, Data Science and DWH
- are responsible for creating guidelines, policies for DataEngineering activities
- work with architects who are involved in the whole solution delivery process
- identify areas of improvements and trigger relevant initiatives
- support senior management, management and employee level with their technical and strategical questions
- bring a proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- possess Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- bring Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- have good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Impala and experience with Spark
- have experience with integration of data from multiple data sources, NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- bring knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- have 10+ years of work experience in specific functions and relevant technical know-how
- hold an IT, HTL, FH, College or University degree (e.g. master) and bring relevant work experience
- bring good negotiation and good moderation skills
- have hands on mentality and focus on getting the things done
- possess advanced communication and presentation skills in order to explain domain specific concepts to both novice and experts from different domains
- bring basic Project Management know how
- possess smooth communication skills in English & German (other CEE - languages are advantageous)
- offer you to take over an important function for a highly motivated team dealing with increasing amount of demand and direct contact to customers within Erste Group
- support your professional and personal development at all times. Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere.
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 47.488,- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- foster a work environment in where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success - we live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: