Senior Legal Counsel Contracts & Projects (f/m)
OMV is producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 20 bn and a workforce of around 20,700 employees in 2017, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
- Ensure first class legal support on contracts drafting and negotiations (ventures and projects, i.e. governmental and research agreements, procurement activities such as construction or other service contracts)
- Establish excellent working relations with EP Austria business stakeholders, including a regular and efficient presence in Gänserndorf on a weekly basis
- Initiate and lead meetings and negotiations with governments, public authorities, partners, land owners and contractors, especially with respect to E&P contracts and licences
- Enlarge legal support to all matters of Contracts & Projects for OMV, in particular its diverse procurement operations
- Identify, prioritize and manage associated legal and contractual risks and critical issues, so that legal risks are kept at minimum, claims of OMV are enforced and claims of third parties are defended successfully, including handling of litigation
- Contribute to good commercial results of E&P projects and group projects and E&P strategy (where involved)
- Develop and decide in cooperation with other Corporate Functions on master and standard contracts, maintain, monitor and revise such contracts
- Develop and maintain expertise in specific fields of law, especially in Austrian mining and environmental law; apply international E&P standards and industry best practice
- University Degree in Austrian Law
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, perferably as an inhouse lawyer or at a law firm (focus on commercial contracts and public law)
- Very operational lawyer and team player that can reach out to the EP business community and establish and maintain effective cross-organizational and cross-cultural relationships
- Good understanding and continuous learning of key legal, technical and commercial industry-specific issues
- Strong analytical abilities, presentation skills in combination with with strong negotiation capabilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills in German and English
We offer you:
- According to Austrian labor law, the minimum salary related to the Austrian collective labor agreement has to be stated in the advertisement (EUR 73.065,30 gross per year, all in)
- An internationally attractive compensation package depending on your experience plus bonus and additional benefits
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.