Manager Internal Controls & Compliance - Europe
Standort Lannach, Steiermark
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
To support the European efforts of Magna Powertrain in maintaining an internal controls and compliance environment that meets the requirements of the parent company; including the design and execution of financial controls, managing the SOX 404 and 302 processes, managing the deployment of the parent company's compliance initiatives, follow-up on control issues, balance sheet reviews, training and best practice sharing of controls, compliance and financial processes, and other projects at the request of Executive Management.
- Manage MPT's European efforts with Magna's SOX and compliance processes; including the coordination of testing for identified in-scope SOX locations and the completion of internal control assessments.
- Manage IT remediation efforts by establishing timelines and deliverables for the regional IT leads.
- Coordinate the quarterly 302 certification process across all sub-groups and all divisions using our internal certification tool.
- Assist in the quarterly compliance certification process; through reporting of new issues and status of previously reported issues
- Lead MPT's internal audit follow-up process by conducting on-site reviews, driving action plan timing and completeness, maintaining appropriate documentation and reporting quarterly.
- Provide guidance and direction on accounting policy, internal control design and remediation items through best practices.
- Lead internal control and compliance integration for new European entities.
- Assist in the design and deployment of MPT's internal compliance reporting.
- For new entities, lead the SOX documentation process and assist in keeping current.
- Liaise between the IA department and MPT EU divisions for scheduling of audits.
- Liaise with Magna's Compliance department on new requirements for deployment.
- Communicate and provide required training to divisions for internal control framework changes required by Magna.
- Perform annual balance sheet reviews through a standard review format (Controller's Model File). Perform quarterly reviews of high risk/high profile divisions.
- Lead ad hoc internal control and compliance reviews as issues arise, including the coordination of multifunctional teams if necessary.
- Participate in business process and/or system design reviews from both a finance and internal controls perspective.
- Assist in other integration activities for internal controls and compliance, as deemed appropriate.
- Work with all levels of management across all functions on special projects as requested by Executive Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 to 8 years in financial background
- Internal controls/audit experience or professional services firm preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- Strong financial & data analysis skills
- Strong computer application skills (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Experience in SAP, Trans4M and Hyperion Financial Management and other financial applications are an asset.
- Problem solving and analytical - the ability to extract relevant data from multiple sources to cross reference and come to an appropriate conclusion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - the ability to communicate and deal with all levels of management and various cultures to set direction to meet deadlines or participate in cross functional teams
- Proactive leader - the ability to see issues as they are forming to implement corrective solutions; generate new more efficient processes to achieve the desired results and deadlines
- Ability to travel to divisions and Group Offices in Europe as required 50% (excluding special projects)
- Ability to deal with confidential information and confrontational people.
- German language skills an asset
The minimum collective agreement monthly salary for this position is EUR 4.272,17 gross. However, we offer a salary in conformance with the market conditions in dependence on qualifications and professional experience as well as attractive social welfare benefits.
If you are interested in this or other open positions, we would be pleased to receive your online application at job.magnapowertrain.com