Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager (m/f)
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
For our location based in Vienna, Austria, we are currently looking to recruit a Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager (m/f). In this role you will define and maintain all variants configurations, the product Family Variability Model and the Product Family Building Blocks definition and you will lead the Configuration Management Planning, Configuration Identification, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Change Management and the Configuration Verification as well as Audits on Product Level.
- Maintains and protects the integrity of the product family and variants on projects and bids.
- Maintains and Support Building Block Library parameters for all variants and building blocks of the product family.
- Maintains control of product baseline data, in conjunction with the Product Family Documentation role.
- Maintain the link between Product Family Building Blocks and Global Platform Building Block usage.
- Lead the Configuration Manager on the project, including the following sub functions and their budgets which are assigned to the product
- Clearly breaks down and communicates Configuration Management related product / project targets and assures alignment of all Configuration Management activities to the product and project objectives
- Governs and directs all CM Resources in the Product [Product Family]
- Has a specific communication responsibility to the Reginal Business Process Owner, Heads of ENG, Heads of PROC, Heads of OPS and Heads of Quality regards related CM-Issues
- Supports the development of the Product Family variability model, based on the product family market segmentation and linked to the Building Block Library and Product Family requirements baseline
- Supports linking the variability model to appropriate requirements, design, realization and validation artefacts
- Manages the deployment of the Product Configuration Management Plan in order to achieve the expected result and the product strategic goals. Provides feedback and input to improve the deployment and strategy
- Deploy the Configuration Management Process in all phases of the product family [form off-cycle through bid to project execution] in line with the Configuration Management Process and standard tool landscape
- Manages the deployment of the Baseline Configuration Strategy and ensure the consistent management of each Release
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Work experience of typically 5-8 years in a technical function with a similar scope, in multi- disciplinary teams in matrix organization.
- Strong exposure to Configuration and Change Management, with a focus on processes, tools and governance.
- Experience or understanding in implementing a Product Line Engineering approach.
The minimum wage, according to the collective agreement, for this position is EUR 2.598,97 gross/month for Full-time employment (14 times per year). An overpayment is possible depending on relevant work experience and/or qualification.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com