SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children's Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
International Director of Integrity, Compliance & Legal (f/m)
International Office, Innsbruck/Austria
The International Director for Integrity, Compliance & Legal, acts as an internal advocate in promoting the topic of integrity and compliance at all levels of the federation and plays a key role in helping to ensure that the federation carries out its work in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, industry standards, internal policies and its key values. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the incumbent sets the strategic direction for the integrity and compliance programme across the federation, and ensures independence and empowerment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in heightening awareness of conducting business (care programmes, projects, constructions, or any other operations) in accordance with recognized integrity and compliance practices that uphold SOS' values of courage, commitment, trust, and accountability
- Design, implement, manage and further develop the federation's integrity and compliance programme with risk-based prevention, detection and response mechanisms including further development of relevant policies, guidelines and processes, delivery of trainings and monitoring of processes relevant to compliance matters
- While reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, provide independent advice, guidance and/or counsel within the area of work to the Management Team, Management Council, and senior management of SOS CVI, and other key stakeholders of the organisation
- Respond to alleged violations of laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures; and as required supervise and support relevant investigations and inspections
- Ensure representation of SOS CVI and its legal positions and interests regarding compliance, integrity and legal both towards internal as well as external business contacts, authorities, and other third parties
- Manage and further develop the department and its team of professionals, including a network of compliance advisors in the regions through training, communication and other appropriate support
- Lead cross-functional and cross-regional project teams as needed to implement compliance initiatives and operationalise compliance functions effectively
- Master degree in law with specialization in compliance or corporate law, or considerable additional experience in the subject area with a first level degree
- 10 years relevant progressive experience including at management level preferably with a combination of a corporate and international non-profit environment, experience in a child care context would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of cross-cultural situations and value diversity, gained through international work experience (three years' minimum)
- Experience of managing high-pressure and high-visibility operational problems, specifically internal frauds and significant audit issues
- Direct first-hand experience in investigation and managing corruption in a developing environment
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of external/internal audit and investigatory/forensic processes and procedures important
- Experience of developing operational compliance and internal control documents (policies, procedures, guidelines, manuals, etc.)
- Direct international field experience (preferably at national level)
- Experience working in a federation or similar environment an advantage
- Results orientated individual with strong ethical approach, courage and integrity
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and comfortable interacting at the most senior levels within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to communicate, assimilate and understand complex information and issues
- Excellent analytical and writing skills Excellent command of English (both written and oral)
- Strong aptitude for identifying potential problems and operational risks and developing actions necessary to mitigate them
- Applicants preferably hold a valid Austrian working permit or are eligible to work within the EU
- Highly interesting position with a varied scope of tasks and serve as a federation wide advocate in fostering the topic of integrity and compliance at all levels of the organisation.
- Our organisation offers an attractive opportunity to support a meaningful purpose with the following vision: "Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security."
- A minimum annual gross salary of EUR 62.000,- . Actual salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 30 April 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children's Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/
SOS Children's Villages International strives to ensure gender balance therefore, we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.