EXPLORE A WORLD
The people we all rely on to make the world go round - they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
With 64,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of EUR15.8 billion in 2017.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve.
No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer's side until the job is done - whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Test Manager for Safety Critical
Railway Solutions (f/m)
The Team is responsible for integration and system tests of the fully integrated customer specific solution. The focus lies on managing an optimized end-to-end test strategy and verification for the customer solution.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing Test activities to provide evidence with the customer requirements and technical specifications
- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of the project
- Develop and manage test plans and test strategy, especially ensuring test designs meet to requirements and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensure the appropriate planning and management of the test resources
- Assess the progress and effectiveness of the test effort
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status
- Advocate the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per defined standard (CENELEC) and project lifecycle
- Prepare and review Test Case documents, review various reports prepared by the project team with focus on impact on the test strategy
- Manage new requirements and changes of the project with regard to impact on testing activities
- Communication with the Client (If required).
- Technical Degree (HTL/Uni/FH) preferably in Informatics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years of experience as a SW Tester/Test Automation Engineer/Test Manager
- ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager certification an advantage
- Advanced knowledge in test methods, test automation and agile methodology
- Cultural awareness and experience with distributed test teams
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Communicative and goal-oriented team-worker
- Fluency in English and German
- A great technical challenge, working creatively within the boundaries of high safety requirements.
- An excellent working experience within a professional multinational environment.
- An immediate job start, flexible working hours and an interesting compensation offer. Depending on experience and education we offer a gross annual salary starting from 43.000,-- Euro.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering many internal training and development opportunities.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and documents!
Please apply online for Job ID 1803714 under