Quantitative Analyst / Data Scientist (F/M)
Fulltime - 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Head of the Quant-team and working closely with product owners, you will be responsible for creating predictive models for pre-match and in-play betting markets in various sports. This requires cleaning up, visualising, analysing and interpreting relevant data as well as implementing the created models in Java.
- Create predictive models for various sports
- Data clean-up and application of statistical and mathematical methods to identify and interpret data patterns
- Implement models in Java
- Analyse / evaluate / optimise existing models
- Fetch data from an SQL-database
- Document the process followed and report to the quant-team on work-flow
- Research new statistical methods for future applications
- Collaborate closely with product developers / managers to move projects from idea to implementation
- A master's degree or equivalent / higher qualification in one of the following disciplines: Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or a closely related field with a strong quantitative component
- Experience in developing predictive models
- Advanced programming (R, Matlab, etc.) and MS Excel skills
- Good understanding of the betting industry
- A good understanding of modelling techniques such as GLMs, Bayesian Statistics, Time-Series Analysis, MCMC, machine learning etc.
- Experience in developing mathematical models for sports
- Experience in object-oriented programming in Java, C++, Python etc.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German will be considered a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking, keen to further refine systems and processes
- Highly self-motivated, leading by example and enthusiasm
- Being a team player, with the ability to work with new teams immediately
- Enthusiasm for sport
- Being part of a motivated and skilled team
- Rewarding and stable job in a multinational team
- Cooperate with colleagues and experts from all over the world
- Lots of creative opportunities to turn your sports passion into a job
- Seeing your work being used in production
- Flexible working hours
- State of the art equipment to work with
- Company perks: new office building, cantina, health checks, fitness center, opportunity for further professional development
- The minimum monthly salary (for 40 hours) for this position is EUR 3,000 gross, depending on qualifications and working experience
The Sportradar group is a truly international organisation, employing over 1,900 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth is driven by technological innovation and a deep understanding of our clients' business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 80 countries. We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries.
Our team collaborates globally and is committed to solve the challenges we face on our way - but never without a pinch of fun and play.
Make the team: Join us and shape your future as well as ours!
How to Apply:
If you feel this role resonates with you, please apply directly through the link below or alternatively by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.