The EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH (EODC) is looking to strengthen its Operations Team with an
Junior DevOps Engineer
full-time or part-time, place of employment: Vienna, Austria
The Earth Observation Data Centre (EODC) GmbH is active in the field of earth observation, providing services to international customers from the private and public sector. As data centre, the EODC operates a multi-tier and multi-petybyte storage system, connected to various compute environments including Austria's most powerful super-computer, the Vienna Scientific Cluster 3 (VSC-3).
- Ensure smooth operations of our Linux-based processing systems
- Write scripts for automation using Python, Bash, etc.
- Configurtion management and infrastructure provisioning using Ansible and Terraform
- Administrate and configure our continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Support the set up, evaluation and maintenance of cloud computing services such as OpenStack or OpenShift
- Collaborate with other teams to incorporate best practices and innovations into our services
- Follow technology trends and constantly strive to learn new technology stacks
We work with
i.a. Python, Git, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, GitLab Runner, OpenShift, Kubernetes, OpenStack, OpenNebula
- Expertise in at least one programming or scripting language (preferably Python)
- Deep knowledge of version control and build automation processes
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and related application layer commands
- Knowledge of virtualisation and container technologies
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure provisioning tools
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Exciting range of activities, collaborations and projects with national and international partners in the area of earth observation
- Insights in the processing of data acquired by European and international satellite missions
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Hands-on experience with cutting-edge technology stacks
- A minimum wage of 2393,- Euro gross salery for a full time position (38,5 hours per week) with overpayment depending on qualification
- Collective agreement: „Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: Spezielle Tätigkeiten"
Up for a challenge?
Please submit your application documents (application letter, detailed CV and relevant references) via e-mail until 30th March 2018, 09:00 AM, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH
c/o Vienna University of Technology