Assistant to the Director & Team Assistant (f/m, full time)
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases (LBI-RUD) is an international research institute focused on rare diseases. Our aim is to dissect basic molecular mechanisms of rare diseases and to translate those findings into long-term perspectives and therapeutic options. With our research we seminally contribute to a patient-centered and personalized medicine of the 21st century.
To support the institute director and the international team of researchers, we are looking for an
Assistant to the Director & Team Assistant (full time)
In this exciting position, you act as a sparring partner for the institute director. In addition to providing assistance to the director, you will support the researchers in all administrative tasks and act as a catalyst for the best possible scientific output of the institute. We are looking for a person with excellent English and German skills and strong background in either a life science discipline and/or profound administrative experience.
Your main tasks:
- Act as the director's first point of contact for internal and external collaborators and stakeholders
- Correspondence in German and English, calendaring, complex travel management
- Organizing and attending events and meetings, taking minutes
- Preparation of presentation, letters, invitations, etc.
- Independently manage the institute's daily business (incl. HR and PR agendas) in cooperation with our host institution Ludwig Boltzmann Gesellschaft
- Provide assistance for bookkeeping and grant administration
- Provide assistance for clinical agendas, including the CeRUD Vienna Center for Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases and regular updates of patient databases
- Academic education (minimum Bachelor degree), natural/life sciences graduates are very welcome
- Excellent command of English and German
- Experience in an (international) academic/university setting and/or knowledge of the Austrian and international science landscape is an asset
- Ability to prioritize, to keep deadlines and to work reliably under pressure
- High level of motivation, stress resistance and flexibility, willingness to take over responsibility
- Highly efficient and precise workstyle
- Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of CMS software is an advantage
- A challenging and multifaceted position in a dynamic, international and inspiring setting
- A modern work place located in the center of the Medical Campus Vienna
- A daily bonus for our in-house cafeteria with a beautiful view over Vienna, and the possibility to join various sports and social activities
- A minimum monthly gross salary of EUR 2.400 (40h/week); overpayment possible depending on qualifications and experience
For more information, please visit: www.rare-diseases.at
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents. To apply for this position please send your documents (cover letter, CV, names and contact details of at least two referees) in one combined PDF file to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 20 February 2018 (applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis).
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases (LBI-RUD)