As a key member of BehaviorQuant's senior leadership team, the Head of Development will be responsible for the technical vision, development, and execution of our technologies and product lines. In addition, this person will work jointly with BehaviorQuant's executive management team in the planning, analysis, and execution of the company's overall vision and strategy.
Head of Development
We are looking for an all-round Head of Development who will be responsible for:
- Conception and development of the digital platform architecture (Front-end, Back-end)
- Decisions regarding relevant technology selections
- Building and managing our development team (both internal and external engineers/developers, QA, etc.)
- Ensuring smooth operation of all technological surfaces and interfaces, including
- Web Front-end
- Mobile App
- APIs to product partners and information sources
- Virtual servers and Web servers
- Build a digital platform that will have many points of interaction (which will need to be elastic and changeable)
- Integrate existing survey software for data collection
- Experienced in planning and managing complex digital platforms
- Both Front-end and Back-end expertise
- Experienced in Database architectures and Web technologies
- Hands-on development approach (in the initial stages, it will be your responsibility to set up the digital platform, including the Database, Back-end, Front-end, Mobile App, APIs, etc.)
- Desirable to have experience with survey/assessment data systems that are fluid, whereby dimensions and question wording can be easily changed by the platform Administrator
- Ability to work independently -- used to a high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- Ability and experience with translating high-level technical specifications into functional prototypes and products
- Building gamified collection of behavioral data
- Experience with the financial space and financial decision makers
- Interest in the human and psychological face of finance and behavioral decision processes
- A team player and natural leader, with strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Customer-first attitude
- The desire and ability to work successfully in a dynamic, small company environment, with exceptionally talented people
What We Offer
- A high degree of flexibility and autonomy
- Involvement in a very early stage FinTech product and startup
- An active bridge to Silicon Valley and the U.S.
- An experienced, inspiring, and interdisciplinary team
- A very cordial work environment
- Close interaction with high-level subject matter experts
- Opportunity to develop a science-based product, with lots of intellectual challenge -- there will be plenty of opportunity for curious, open-minded thinkers
- Academic co-operation
We are just starting -- hence, you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting startup from the very beginning, and truly impact a product that will revolutionize the financial space!
Salary: What we offer our dream candidate (highly qualified for this position, compatible with our Silicon Valley approach to innovation and team spirit) includes both a salary that exceeds the collective bargaining agreement (EUR 3,500 gross/month for 40 hours/week) AND participation in the success of the company. We want to succeed together and we love to align our interests with yours!
Sounds good? Then write us at email@example.com
BehaviorQuant disrupts traditional finance with the systematic behavioral data of decision makers. We are an exceptional startup in the Behavioral FinTech area. We derive unique knowledge from decision makers' behavioral processes, biases and preferences. We translate behavior into quantitative data and predictive insights.
Our startup has close ties to Silicon Valley, with a sister company located in the heart of San Francisco. Our founders have spent many years developing products in financial technology. Join our highly-qualified team in Vienna, and together, let's disrupt traditional finance!
For further information and discussions, please send a resume to