Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Laboratory Technician (f/m)
with experience in protein purification
The research team of Prof. Carrie Bernecky is a new group at IST Austria, established in January 2018. Our work focuses on the purification, reconstitution and structural characterization of RNA-protein complexes, with the goal of understanding the varied and complex roles of RNA in cellular processes. We are looking for a self-motivated and hands- on technician to assist with laboratory setup and organization and to provide research support.
Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Generation of expression constructs and recombinant protein production in E. coli, insect cells, and mammalian cell lines (BSL1, BSL2)
- Purification of proteins and RNA
- Imaging of RNA-protein complexes by transmission electron microscopy
- Supporting the setup and organization of the laboratory, including maintenance of reagent databases and ordering
- Training of new lab members and active contribution to the development of the laboratory
- University degree (Master, PhD) in biochemistry or related subjects
- Relevant laboratory experience (electron microscopy experience is a plus but not required)
- Knowledge of eukaryotic cell culture and purification techniques - experience with protein purification techniques is mandatory
- Excellent command of English (working language), proficiency in German is advantageous
- High interest in learning new techniques and methods
- Proactive personality and solution-oriented approach
- Strong organizational skills and reliability
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2.400 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at