JOB-03531.219-01-01 Profit Centre Manager Austria (m|w)
In order to turn around and grow the Austrian market presence, we are looking for an experienced wholesale professional as
Profit Centre Manager Austria for Materials Distributor (m|f)
Our client is a leading international distributor/wholesaler of plastic materials and semi-finished products. We are searching for a Profit Centre Manager for their Austrian subsidiary who will be responsible for turning around the subsidiary, setting a new strategy, introducing new segments to the market, growing new clients and developing the team.
In order to fill this challenging role, we are looking for an experienced General Manager with strong sales and leadership focus and successful experience in a commodity trading / wholesale environment. Major responsibilities will be people management, key account management and setting the strategic direction for the whole organization.
The position is situated in Vienna and is directly reporting to the COO in Company HQ.
Your New Role - Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Takes over the Profit Centre with complete P&L responsibility (turnover, margins, costs and working capital)
- Analyzes and develops a view of the market
- Formulates a new long-term strategy for the Austrian market
- Turns around the Austria subsidiary and builds a growth story, engages in visible new initiatives to strengthen the position of the company in the local market
- Leads, develops and coaches a mid-sized team of around 15 employees and forms them into a successful high-performance organization
- Engages in visible new initiatives to strengthen the position of the company in the local market
- Makes his/her own active contribution to sales. Maintains systematic contacts with existing key accounts, acquires targeted new customers and projects, builds and maintains a personal, long-term relationship with the key players
- Ensures monitoring of quotations and performs regular promotional activities
- Introduces additional product segments into the Austrian market, determines purchase & sales strategies and product range policy, leverages the group's capabilities for success in the local market
Your Profile - Background and Personality
- Experienced General Manager (MD or Profit Centre Manager), ideally for the Austria subsidiary of an international group
- Experience in a distributor business model (materials distribution, commodity and semi-finished products trading & wholesale)
- Knowledge of plastics is a plus, but not necessary; alternative material fields might be metals, paper, wood or also electronics
- A proven track record with a minimum of 10 years in Sales, including some years in a management position of a sales organization
- Experience in turning around a company
- Experience in formulating and executing strategies
- Good network in the Austrian market, ideally with small businesses
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in technical business management
- Fluency in English and German is a must
- Real entrepreneurial - commercially-minded, hands-on personality with business acumen, "entrepreneur within the company" who will drive the business and organization
- Combined with great people management skills - a good people manager, mentor and coach
- Strong leadership skills, able to manage, motivate and develop a high performance management team
- Driven, energetic, resourceful, persuasive and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of clients, management and staff are essential
The annual gross salary for this position will be around EUR 120.000,-, matching market conditions and depending on your skills and experience.
Join a leading international company and take the lead in making their Austrian subsidiary a success! Even if you are not actively looking for a change but find the offer interesting, contact us to find out more. Take the challenge and send your full application documents with indication of your salary expectations and reference No. 0353.219-01-01 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and documents will be handled in strict confidence.
Kienbaum Consultants Austria GmbH