We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior Front-end JAVA Developer
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy custom desktop, web and service applications
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies and ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Work in an agile Team setup together with PM and QA
- Coordinate with enterprise architects, development leads and product managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
Experience and Education
- University graduate / bachelor's degree in technology-related field (e.g. computer science, MIS, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 - 6 years of experience in a professional software development work environment
- Good understanding of OOP concepts and principles and JAVA programming language skills
- In-depth experience with HTML5 and CSS
- Experience in consuming API's (SOAP / REST)
- Preparedness to develop, maintain and modernize legacy software applications
- Hands-on experience within agile software development methodologies in a multi-division processing company (international experience a strong plus)
- Experience with Testing and CI; TDD, automated unit/functional/integration testing
- Good understanding of Software Design Patterns and Enterprise Design Patterns, MS SQL Server skills or similar and understanding of agile development methodologies (ideally SCRUM)
- Strong English language skills (oral and written) in routine, technology-related work settings
- UX designer experience
- Web designer experience
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Excellent team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English in spoken and written form
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel (max 10%)
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Team-building, Team events, Christmas Party
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 33.316,78, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.