Researcher: Advanced Network Concepts (f/m)
As a leading communication and information solution provider, we operate in mission critical/safety environments around the world, for example Air Traffic Control, Public Safety Emergency Services, Railways, Defence and Martime. We develop and deliver fail-safe, user-friendly, custom-tailored solutions that empower our customers to efficiently perform their tasks.
In Corporate Research, we investigate how future applications can benefit from utilizing satellite links for data exchange. For our customers, we analyse features of state-of-the-art networking stacks with the goal to identify viable options.
Our activities result in real-time demonstrators and prototypes that get verified and validated with various project partners.
- Perform research, design, analysis, hands-on prototyping, testing, experimentation for safety critical applications & networks
- Design and describe advanced networking concepts and configurations based on IPv6 mechanisms
- Specify solution concepts for subsequent implementation in testbeds and proof of concept demonstrations
- Develop validation scenarios, test procedures and test cases
- Create publications in form of technical notes, project deliverables, conference papers and presentations
- Read and review contributions of project members, provide and process review comments in a structured way
- Present and discuss your research results with stakeholders inside the company as well as with external partners and establish trusted partner relations
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or related field
- Combined with at least 3 years of professional experience in mobil network design
- Deep Interest and knowledge in networking principles and protocols
- Knowledge of IPv6 is a must, experience with IPv6 mobility concepts & Software Defined Networking (SDN) is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated working style
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
What we offer
- Collaboration in international projects and multi-cultural teams
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- Wide-ranging knowledge of cutting edge IT and communication technologies
We are offering an annual gross salary from EUR 49.000,-- depending on your qualification and working experience as well as numerous benefits. Together for a safer world - become a part of Frequentis and apply online now!
Date hired: 01/15/2018
Willingness to Travel: 15%
Employment Fraction: Full-time
Contract Type: Employee
+43 (1) 81150 1322
TIPS FOR APPLICATION