Data Scientist (m/f)
About Parkbob GmbH
We are a crowd-sensing service helping people to easily find a parking spot in cities. We are a technology and data-driven startup with a strong focus to realize our ambitions. As a small team with an international background, we are willing to provide the best environment for our team members. We know that our success will be a joint effort. Parkbob has already received seed funding from business angels and VCs.
You will become a valuable member of a growing data science team, and you will contribute to develop technology that enable a seamless on-street parking experience in a city. More specifically, your key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- You will evaluate the quality of current data sources, and develop novel filtering techniques that can enhance the quality level.
- You will propose new statistical models/ML techniques, and test these models using real time data.
- You will propose and test new quality metrics/visual representation of different models, and provide regular reports using these metrics.
- You will look for new data sources, and evaluate the potential of these data sources.
Skills & Requirements:
You enjoy working in a team, but are not afraid to work independently as well, and love to come up with new ideas. The more skills you can cover from this list, the better:
- You are an EU-national or have valid work permit for Austria. This is a must.
- You have a degree in Applied mathematics/Computer science or related field highly focused on a probability and quantitative analysis.
- You have built multiple statistical or ML models based on real data in your career.
- You have advanced knowledge of either R or Python and libraries for data processing.
- You have an experience with object recognition algorithms and libraries, e.g., TensorFlow.
- You have experience with handling data from different sources and stored in different formats. Your knowledge of NoSQL technologies, e.g., MongoDB, is a plus.
- You have practical experiences with scalable cluster-computing frameworks, e.g., Apache Spark.
- You have hands-on experience with real time data analysis, and mainly you have strong desire to work with cutting edge technologies.
What we are offering
- A dynamic team with lots of start-up spirit :)
- Attractive package consisting of salary and share of our success
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic atmosphere in our office embedded in a start-up campus
- Other benefits such as free soft-drinks, top equipment and continuous training
If you are not yet experienced in all required technical skills, we are still looking forward to your application! We know that being a Data Scientist means constant learning, and we will support you in learning new techniques and improving your skills.
We will reach our goals only with our team. This means that along with your salary, you will participate in the company's success. We offer a salary that is based on education, experience and qualification in the range of EUR 35.000 - 50.000, variable remuneration to be discussed.
Interested? We are very much looking forward to your application and a more detailed discussion about the position. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkbob GmbH, Treustrasse 22-24, 1200 Wien, Austria