Legal Internship (german-speaking)
At the UN Refugee Agency
Regional Representation for Western Europe
The Regional Protection Support Unit is looking for an intern to start by the beginning of February 2018 in Brussels for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should have an in-depth knowledge of German, a Masters in Law, with an excellent command of written and spoken English. French is desirable but not essential. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
What we offer
- Experience with a UN agency
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Learning about refugee and statelessness issues with one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world
- First-hand accounts of refugee situations, via presentations given by staff assisting refugees
- A variety of interesting tasks
- Opportunity to use languages (English, German and French)
- Attend external and internal meetings
General description of internship
- Monitoring and analyzing asylum law and practice
- Researching country information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues
- Drafting documents including reports and correspondence
- Writing, editing and translating texts (from German to English)
- Assisting with general office tasks
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter in English no later than 8 December 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject RRWE PSU Intern February 2018. It is important to use this as the subject of your email.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - Regional Representation for Western Europe
Avenue Louise, 283 - 1050 Brussels Tel.: +32 2 627 5999 E-mail: email@example.com