Senior Digital Verification Engineer (m/f)
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
The role is part of the Digital IP design team in the Secure Mobile Transactions business within NXP Semiconductors. This team is tasked with delivering high-security digital IP modules and subsystems for mobile transactions (Secure Elements, NFC). A commitment to on-time delivery and strong focus on design quality and robustness is the foundation of all we do. The team is involved in all aspects of the design process, from product specification to tape out, validation, production ramp-up and customer support.
- Responsible for the complete functional verification at block level and SOC level.
- Interface to HW and SW design teams, as well as to architecture and system teams, to understand functionality and application of the IP / system.
- Develop, debug, and modify the test environment for different platforms (RTL, Emulation, FPGA, silicon).
- Define the verification strategy for specific IP modules as a function of system architecture, the expected use cases, technology, and schedule constraints.
- Define and code test cases in an appropriate language and debug these test cases on the design models (RTL, Power aware RTL, Gate Level, FPGA, Emulation platform) and on silicon.
- Define goals for the verification coverage, implement appropriate methods to measure the verification coverage, and enhance the test cases until coverage goals are met.
- Interface to validation and product engineering teams for silicon correlation and debug.
- Expertise in test bench design with state-of-the-art verification frameworks.
- Proficient in the languages and tools used for test case development.
- Knowledge and experience of formal verification methodologies, assertions, …
- Deep understanding of directed and constrained random verification methodology
- Solid understanding of the architecture and functionality of SOCs
- Understanding of software development for embedded CPUs, and experience in developing and debugging software.
- Experience with debugging of designs pre and post-silicon, in simulation and on the bench.
- Experience with smart card architectures or security controllers would be a plus, but is not required.
- Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of experiences
- Rigorous and methodical with strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to verify and debug on different platforms and abstraction Levels
- Tenacity in tracing and finding problems, with attention to detail
- Ability to question and identify weaknesses in specifications, tool environments, etc.
- Good team player with ability to work across functional teams and sites.
NXP offers competitive compensation. Due to Austrian law we are obliged to state the minimum gross salary according to legal regulations and for this role this amounts to EUR 56.000 gross. Depending on experience and education higher remuneration is possible.
Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
Please contact: email@example.com
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Their talent enables NXP to continue providing Secure Connections for a Smarter World. Helping every employee to be the best that they can be is a core part of our philosophy. This means creating the right environment for individuals to flourish, with ample opportunities for career development.