SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER
At KIVU, a hot Vienna start-up that just got a major investment, we're looking for a senior server-side programmer, to assist our Chief Engineer. We deal with networks aka the mathematical structures known as graphs, and have written our own graph/network processing back-end, one that runs at amazing speeds.
The position entails:
- working your way up to the position of "right hand of the Chief Engineer", being able to stand in for him on occasion
- co-responsiblity for features, source code and road map of the graph/network-processing back-end
- code reviews of your colleagues' work
- frequently: independent design of new features, test campaigns, pilot programme / prototype implementations etc. etc.
- frequent communications with all the members of a highly driven, skilled 10+ member team
- knowledge and experience transfer to junior programmer colleagues
- occasional travel in Europe and the Middle East, for up to 25% of your time (we'll do our best for you to always be home during the weekends, though we can't give a hard guarantee there)
To work on it, you'll need to bring the following:
- an accomplished engineer who has seen the interior of several companies or institutions.
- deep knowledge of Java and the Java Development Kit (JDK), up to and including version 8
- considerable Knowledge of at least one other modern programming language:
C++, Haskell,... (yes, it may be an exotic language, too!)
- a good communicator, not afraid to speak at conferences or explain difficult technical concepts to lay persons, management, etc.
- great familiarity with object-oriented development and design techniques, such as design patterns, inheritance, enums, abstract vs concrete, programming for interfaces, etc.
- not afraid to deal with the more sophisticated things we do in our server-side software: off-heap programming in Java, lambda serialization, bytecode instrumentation
- You actually like applied math, and are not afraid of: graph theory, set theory, abstract algebra/group theory...
- familiarity with more than the basics of algorithmics: big-Oh notation,big-Theta notation, paralellization, amortized running costs
- good spoken and written English is a MUST; we speak English all day long
- friendly, outgoing personality who can create his/her own place in a small but expanding team, and - if and when necessary - lead a team by consensus
- Ideally, you live in or around Vienna; if you don't, you agree to talk with us about relocating to Vienna or its surroundings
- a Masters or Engineering ("Diplomingenieur") degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or one of the Engineering disciplines, obtained from a European or North American university / engineering school; however, autodidacts are highly welcome
What we offer:
- A highly challenging job that could be the dream of any experienced software engineer
- Over time, a position of serious responsibility within the company
- Direct societal relevance of your work, that actually saves lives (yes, we're serious about that)
- Competitive compensation and benefits (collective bargaining agreement minimum salary EUR 4.894,-- overpayment according to experience and performance
- An environment that welcomes diversity
Contact: Hasret Iscen, KIVU Technologies GmbH, Gudrunstrasse 11, 1100 Wien, e-mail: email@example.com