Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Linux System Administrator (f/m)
FULL TIME (40h)
We are looking for a System Administrator to join our IT-team. In this position you will be maintaining our existing server infrastructure and implement new systems and services. Your contribution will have a huge impact on the quality of services and support that we provide to our scientists. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Participate in design, deployment, and management of Linux/Unix server systems
- Monitor systems and network; maintain a secure, scalable and robust server environment
- Respond to software and hardware outages
- Implement automation scripts to make server management easier and faster
- Document configuration of servers and applications
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, preferably Debian/Ubuntu distributions
- Thorough understanding of networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, routing and switching, firewalls
- Experience with bash scripting is a must
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages is a plus
- Experience with virtualization (KVM, VMWare) and enterprise storage is an asset
- Attention to detail, willingness to carry out large projects in a responsible manner
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Good command of the English language (corporate language)
- Offers a challenging position in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 20 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
Mag. Gabriele Buchner-Kranzl
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,000 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at