WWF 's new strategy harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food - and three key drivers of environmental problems - markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF has redesigned its international secretariat to further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF's ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Auditor for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our ambition, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International office either in Vienna, Austria or Nairobi, Kenya.
WWF International Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity that works with managers to improve WWFs operations and add value. It helps WWF accomplish its important conservation objectives by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The team, which reports to the Director General and Board of Trustees, through the Audit Committee, is part of a wider community of WWF global network internal auditors working to improve and enhance WWF Internal Audit capacity across the world.
- Working alone or as part of the team, responsible for conducting assigned financial and operational audits in accordance with best practice audit techniques, establishing root causes of issues and agreeing workable, value-added solutions with management. This may include performing risk assessments; anticipating emerging issues through research; determing the scope of the audit; planning, designing and implementing audit programmes and tests; attending meetings with auditees; writing impactful audit reports and presenting results to management.
- Ensure strong project management of all audits assigned, in terms both of efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Continuously develop knowledge with regard to the external risks impacting on WWF I, the legal and governance environment and audit best practice.
- Actively work with the WWF I Internal Audit team and the wider Network Internal Audit Group to improve audit processes and shared learning
- Support and mentor any "occasional" auditors co-opted to the team.
- Brief and support co-source partners
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Chartered Internal Auditor or CCAB accountant with at least 2 years' experience in Internal Audit in a complex international environment.
- Experience of identifying and analyzing complex information, regulations and policies, translating these into impactful advice and communications and providing best fit solutions according to organisational needs
- Demonstrable ability and experience of providing and communicating strategic internal audit advice and recommendations to all levels of the organization. Perfect command of English language; other languages an asset.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex risk management and internal control problems involving multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability / experience of handling potentially difficult situations in a professional, tactful and confidential manner
- Ability / confidence to participate in audits overseas in situations that may require rapid reappraisal of audit objectives / approaches. Willingness to travel (up to 70%) sometimes at short notice
- Ability to adapt approach to take into account cultural sensitivities and still deliver a quality audit product
- Ability to manage own work to meet tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate the four key WWF behaviours: Strive for impact; listen deeply; collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly..
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn for Nairobi or Vienna as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply: candidates will be expected to demonstrate that they have the right to work in their chosen location.
Salary for Vienna position: Around 43,000 Euros per annum
Deadline for applications: 20th November 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.