The Vienna International School (http://www.vis.ac.at) is an independent, not-for-profit, preK-12 coeducational day school operating in the city of Vienna, Austria. The enrolment for the school year 2017-2018 is 1400 students representing over 100 nationalities. The School is accredited by the Council of International Schools and its curriculum is approved by the Austrian Ministry of Education. The School is divided into two major divisions: Primary and Secondary.
We are looking to recruit the following position
IT Technician (m/f)
In supporting the school's Learning Activities the IT Technician is expected to:
- Provide technical support in the installation, configuration, maintenance, repair and care of hardware and software used in both education and administration areas.
- Provide support to students and staff that enter the office as a first tier of service.
- Perform basic wired/ wireless network support and maintenance.
- Create documentation of relevant technical functions and procedures.
- Respond to and resolve helpdesk calls assigned via the helpdesk call logging system.
- Diagnoses hardware/ software problems and take appropriate action to resolve them, liaising with the vendor if necessary and escalate relevant issues to the supervisor.
- Create and maintain software images used to install / reinstall computers.
- Investigate, research and test new software and hardware for possible use within the school.
- Provide guidance, advice and ad-hoc training to staff regarding the use of computer software and hardware as well as new technologies and best practice in the use of IT.
- Add and maintain the hardware inventory and make sure the IT tech room is kept in order.
- Add, remove and maintain user accounts.
In supporting the IT Department the IT Technician is expected to:
- Provide information to staff regarding support, best practices regarding IT Tools and systems used at the Vienna International School.
- Provide and help ensure policies and procedures regarding use of IT are being adhered to.
- Assist the Information systems department with end-user support.
- Provide recommendations for creating and testing of Images deployed by the IT department to ensure the educational expectations are met and provide guidance and initiate documentation and advocate for good practice within the department.
- Provide user support to end users of Google Suite, Managebac, OpenApply, Moodle, Whiteboards, use of Apple IDs
- Report any network issues or anomalies to the IT Infrastructure team.
- Higher vocational-technical school (HTL) or equivalent or at least 3 years in this or a relevant field of work, University degree in a technology related field an advantage
- At least two years working experience in a service related organisation or environment, Experience in supporting educators in the use and application of ICT an asset
- Strong knowledge of Mac operating systems, Scripting knowledge and Mac/ PC certifications desirable
- Cross-platform technical user support skills and understanding, iPad/ iPhone knowledge of advantage
- A high level of interpersonal skills enabling effective team membership
- Good organisational and work flow skills
- Flexibility and a demonstrated willingness to engage in self-directed learning and (re) training to meet the needs of a changing and dynamic working environment
- Strong communication and positive interaction skills required in an international environment
- The ability to demonstrate the use of ICT effectively in a learning environment
VIENNA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OFFERS
- An incentive salary (between EUR 2.010,-- and EUR 3.007,-- gross) depending on qualifications and previous work experience
- A congenial working atmosphere
- Increased Holiday entitlement
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
Please send your CV, together with a letter of application (both in English), a copy of your certificates and references and a copy of your passport (if possible in one PDF document maximum size 5MB) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that a valid residence title and work permit for Austria is required for Non-EU-citizens.
Vienna International School
Karin Sigle - Human Resources
Straße der Menschenrechte 1, 1220 Wien