We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Nature and aim of the position
Responsibility for the accurate, complete and timely posting of supplier invoices and the preparation of payments in the central function units. The holder of that position ensures the timely and accurate payment to suppliers and agents are met as well as compliance with local VAT rules.
- Processing of supplier invoices accurately in a timely manner and routing to appropriate employees for approval to ensure payment terms are met. Processing includes steps such as control, coding and booking as well as standing orders invoices
- Ensure correct local VAT treatment of supplier invoices in connection with the processing of the invoices.
- Requests for maintenance of supplier master data in the system
- Timely follow up on pending invoices and approvals
- Ensure payable costs are consistently paid to creditors as per agreed payment terms
- Processing of travel expenses and bank booking, including VISA card invoices
- Reconciliation of accounts payable accounts and respective sub ledger including follow up on any long open items
- Reconciliation of the input VAT booked and transferred to accounting system
- Research and resolution of invoice discrepancies and issues
- Participation in process improvements and sharing of information with the whole team
- Month- and Year-end closing activities and support
- Support in the yearly 3rd countries VAT filing
- Input on weekly cashflow forecast submission for account payable accounts
- Back up for other entities
Areas of responsibilities
- Daily accounting for the assigned countries
- Follow up of the payables in the assigned countries
- Compliance with local VAT rules in the assigned countries
- Preparatory work for financial year end closing, internal audits in the area of accounts payable
- Delivery of accurate weekly cashflow forecast for accounts payable accounts in the assigned countries
- Support and interaction with both internal and external customers and suppliers locally and internationally so the post-holder needs to be comfortable working in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Development and documentation of business processes to improve internal controls
- Support on ongoing improvement initiatives
- Maintaining and continuously updating of country specific process documentations and knowledge capturing
Reporting and collaboration
- Team leader Accounts Payable department ACC
- Financial Accounting teams in the local country
- Communication with partners in local countries
Profile and education
- Profound accounting knowledge (Secondary Business/Commerce Education, WIFI-Accounting examination, or similar)
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes
- Preferably knowledge of local accounting rules and relevant legislation
- 1-3 years financial accounting experience, preferably gained in a multinational environment,
- Appropriate experience and expertise in the accounting field, for central units minimum three years of experience
Specific skills and knowledge
- Computer skills: Advanced user in MS applications
- Language skills: Advanced level of English (written and verbal), for the main central unit, basic French, other languages will be considered an advantage.
- Strong team player with social competence and communication skills, especially when working with different target groups within an international environment.
- Independent, reliable, result oriented and self-motivated personality
- Organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize
- Customer oriented and highly proactive with adaptable approach
- Advanced level of Local Input VAT rules.
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 24.971,94 EUR.