We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior Application Support Specialist
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager, Front Office Operations - Stamping and Refunding
Location: Vienna, Austria
Nature and aim of the position
The holder of this position is responsible for supporting all Global Blue business applications assigned - stamping and refunding related. As part of the application support team the position cooperates with internal departments and external vendors to constantly improve the delivery of Global Blue's business applications.
Main duties and responsibilities
- resolving assigned incidents within SLA
- providing 2nd level support for the assigned IT services
- maintaining effective communication channels with all parties involved
- initiating and driving problem management activities in order to permanently remove incident root causes
- cooperating with external vendors and internal departments who act as 1st, 2nd (other 2nd level departments) and 3rd level support
- provide procedures, check lists and other documents for GBIT Service Center (1st level support) and other stake holders (feed the solutions and known errors database)
- plan, document and perform changes and extensions for the applications manager
Reporting and collaboration
- The holder of the position reports directly to the Service Delivery Manager, Front Office Operations - Stamping and Refunding.
- The position is based in Vienna or Singapore and could require sporadic travelling.
- The position requires close collaboration within the Infrastructure and Operations teams, the respective CAS and REX Unit of Value teams and has dependencies within GBT.
Profile and education
- relevant IT and/or business administration related education concluded
- customer service oriented
- operational "hands-on" attitude
- good understanding of and proven efficiency in:
- business processes and applications
- SQL query tools
- reporting tools
- basic scripting and/or programming skills:
- broad-based general IT competence
- strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- independent and self-motivating personality
- high quality standard levels
- excellent English language skills (oral & written)
- excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work effectively with multinational contacts
- general willingness to travel
- ability and willingness to work as "on call" engineer (24 hour on call duty)
- ability to manage and respond to changes in priorities
Specific skills and knowledge
- minimum 2-4 years of professional experience in a similar application support role
- hands on experience in supporting business applications in large or medium scale environments
- experience in collaboration with software development teams or outsourcing contractors
- proven ability to work in a matrix organization with teams distributed in different time zones
- work experience within an international environment (desirable)
- good database know how of either MS SQL or Oracle
- desirable: experience in end user training
- desirable: ITIL certification
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 33.316,78 EUR.