We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Technical Product Manager / IT Business Analyst
Business Unit/Function: Product TFS / Product Management
Reports to: VP, Product Management
Job type: Permanent
Nature and aim of the position
As a Product Manager you will manage Global Blue's software product that is used to refund Tax Free Shopping transactions at Refund Offices and Exchange Bureaus at international airports and land borders. You possess a unique blend of business and technical knowledge with big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality in collaboration with Business Units and Engineering teams.
Strategic direction of the product is set by you as well as defining the roadmap, generating Product requirements, determining specifications, setting priorities and timetables and assuring the successful execution of the implementation.
You are capable to establish a deep understanding of the business process and business rules within a short time, so that you can consult the organization in matters relating to your Product and the refund process as such. Therefore you also understand the business and process requirements raised by internal business units as well as Global Blue's refund agents.
You are working as part of the SCRUM team in your role as Product Owner representing the business view and setting the priorities of the features to be implemented.
An Associate Product Manager is reporting to you and supports you in delivering your tasks.
As Product Manager you are interacting with the Business Units, Commercial Units as well as all other functions inside the Product Organization and Technology.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the entire technical product life cycle considering strategic planning to tactical activities
- Establish visions, define strategy, get agreement and funding, driving delivery - towards BU, management, customers
- Responsible to ensure low operational efforts and smooth deployment e.g. by packaging the product, reducing manual tasks, etc.
- Agree and maintain the Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Maps user needs with Global Blue's strategic direction and objectives
- Owns, prioritizes and maintains the Product Backlog (in collaboration with Business Units and Engineering)
- Act as Product Owner (with support of the team resources) in the SCRUM team
- Defines the product requirements based on inputs from Products department, global projects and Technology strategy
- Responsible to deliver User Stories to the Engineering
- Owns and maintains the product budget (incl. development and operation)
- Assesses market feedback and drives product evolution and innovation
- Promotes the product internally and to external customers and partners
- Establishes and manages KPIs for the product and optimizes TCO (development and operation)
Reporting and collaboration
- The holder of the position reports solid-line to VP, Product Management
- The holder of the position collaborates with Engineering, Business Units and the Commercial organizations
- Extensive experience in managing software Products
- Very strong business analysis skills and ability to understand and shape efficient processes
- People Management skills in virtual and intercultural teams
- Ability to motivate team members - direct reports as well as team members in matrix organization
- Understanding end user's needs and behaviour using mobile apps
- Organizational, presentation and planning skills
- Ability to analyse business requirements
- Working as Product Owner in SCRUM / Agile environments
- Understands transactional business and handing financial transactions in a real time environment
Preferable skills and competencies
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with a strong analytic background
- Ability to define business process and business rules with a strong technical focus - actively seeks innovative ways to improve processes, products, and user experience
- Ability to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which Products are enhanced and developed
- Proven ability to quickly learn processes, business rules and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates and communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviours
- Fluent in English
Education and qualifications
- Wide, extensive knowledge of multiple infrastructure/application technologies including (but not limited to): SOA, Web services, Application development, Peripheral handling, testing approach
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience
- Solid understanding of agile (SCRUM) development processes
- Project management skills
- 5+ years of experience in a similar software Product Management position working with client facing applications in an transactional business
- Has managed Products that interact with end users handling complex business rules and processes (e.g. software products for Bureau the Change, Money transfer, PointofSale, etc.)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications. Preferably, a programming background and experience using and developing APIs
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 37.676,10 EUR.