We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior Application Engineer/Solution Expert
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Are a multi skilled resource with solid technical education mixed with business understanding and communication skills?
- Do you want to boost your career by joining the global leader in TFS business?
- Are you interested in working in a global environment by delivering service in 51 countries?
- Are you willing to test your skills while enjoying the support of a team with great spirit?
- Are you curious, a fast learner and eager to constantly evolve?
If YES, come join us to work as a Senior Application Engineer in an exciting global environment with highly interesting tasks and be in contact with stakeholders all over the world.
ABOUT GLOBAL BLUE
We are experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we are a truly international team.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned Issuing Solutions
- Providing ownership with high quality Incident management - troubleshooting and resolution within defined SLA´s
- Providing root cause analysis in problem management function
- Change management - plan, document and perform changes and extensions for managed applications
- Providing support in projects and service releases with active participation on UAT
- Continuously improve the quality and service delivery of the managed applications
Experience and Education
- Degree in IT or equivalent experience
- English language - fluent written and spoken
- Beneficial: 3 years of professional experience in a 2nd level Application Support role
- Experience with MS SQL database (SQL scripting, queries) mandatory, Experience in support services based on Java, HTML 5 or .NET
- Basic scripting / programming skills (e.g. PowerShell, Eclipse, Perl, Java, PHP) beneficial
- ITIL certification beneficial
- Strong Customer service oriented
- Operational "hand-on" attitude and resolution orientation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Willingness to travel (5-10%)
- Ability and willingness to work on-call (24x7 support)
- Interesting work: stimulating problems, the chance to work with the latest and greatest tech
- Work in stable growing international company
- Enthusiastic and great supportive team
- Development and potential to grow
- Bonus Program / Flexible work hours
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 33.316,78 EUR.