MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD's Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
For our recently acquired manufacturing facility in Krems (Austria), we are looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to design and execute the Training Strategy at the site.
The Learning & Development Senior Specialist will support the business during the various phases of establishing the new manufacturing site and organization by setting up a learning and training strategy able to support the transformation from a project to a manufacturing organization and consistently provide expertise to maximize employees' potential. This role will partner with the Global Learning & Development Department to implement and continuously improve Standard Site Learning Processes, you will foster a learning environment that allows progressive continuous improvement of skills and develop, support and facilitate learning and development activities within the site.
Furthermore, you will partner with the site's organization to execute the site capability plan to achieve business results, and particularly with Leaders to develop capabilities within their respective areas.
Senior Specialist, Learning & Development (m/f)
- Consults with the Site Leadership Team, Integrated Production Teams, the Quality Unit, and support functions to understand their needs to create appropriate learning assumptions and solutions.
- Conducts needs assessment and/or capability gap analyses and identify required skills and knowledge that need to be included in the learning intervention.
- Support the business in ensuring Learning and Development processes meet the needs of the organization from a learning and compliance perspective.
- Is a standard site processes owner (sub-system owner), i.e., Annual GMP trainings, Safety, Onboarding.
- Supports the Learning & Development organization implement, maintain, and continuously improves standard site processes, i.e., Job Skills & Qualification, SOP Process, Annual GMP, Safety Programs, and New Employee Onboarding
- Leads the organization in Permanent Inspection Readiness and cGMP Compliance as it relates to Learning & Development.
- Partners with business to develop area capability plans linked to business requirements, inclusive of job, functional and leadership skills as well as development of team capabilities.
- Collaborate with MMD Learning, Learning Support Services and other Animal Health Manufacturing sites to leverage best practices.
- Oversight of Site Master Training Plan development and implementation, and escalates needs to MMD Divisional Annual Learning Plan.
- Coaches Subject Matter Experts and Trainers for learning programs.
- Delivers/Facilitates and arranges local coordination of training as required.
- Academic Degree in Business Management, Organization Development or Adult Learning or equivalent with relevant Pharmaceutical Operations experience.
- Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) or equivalent
- Approx. 10 years of experience in Learning & Development or Organizational Development, including at least 3 years of experience as Business Partner or Consultant in the Learning & Development field, preferably in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Documented knowledge of Quality systems, cGMP, and regulatory inspections
- Working knowledge of Adult Learning Principles, Evaluation Methodologies, and Learning Management Systems etc.
- Working knowledge of Change Execution Management (CEM) and Behavioral Change & Consequence Management (BCCM) or similar framework
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Production Systems (TPS)
- Leadership capability
- Ability to translate strategies to action plan and excellent in execution
- Customer service focus and ability to establish good processes to serve, attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Lean, continuous improvement, problem solving and resolution skills
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Keen driver for process improvement
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we're inventing for life.
The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 48'600 and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.